Advanced search

Siemens EQ7 series no coffee but a lot of steam

Jubra

July 07, 2022 05:00 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 56092

Hello and good day,

Have here a KVA from Neff, which according to my research should be identical in construction to the Siemens EQ7 series.

Error: Very little to no coffee, pulp mushy, sometimes remained dry. Now and then, however, normal function.

Procedure in case of error:

1. grinder grinds2
. Brew group presses3
. Simmering sounds begin, light steam escapes around the brew group4
. Motor from ceramic valve can be heard, at the same time pump starts pumping. Steam immediately gone, it is now dripping at the brew group while the pump continues pumping5
. Pump pauses briefly and continues pumping6
. Shortly thereafter, the motor from the ceramic valve is heard again, after which steam escapes again and it continues to drip7
. Brew group moves, there is then a very loud short steam escape8
. Brew group throws out marc.

I first cleaned the brew group (upper strainer and crema valve), replaced the upper thick piston seal and the small seal on the inlet spout. Checked outlet for continuity, was fine.

Pomace remained mushy, then researched that this should be normal.

Would now make out the ceramic valve as the cause of error, but wanted to exclude other causes of error first, because you often read that errors have remained after replacing the ceramic valve.

Maybe someone can help me or describe the normal operation of the machine.

Sincerely, Jürgen

July 08, 2022 08:30 pm

Unregistered

Hello
,How many covers does it have?
I guess the pump, first clean the rotary valve which is located just after the water tank.
Greetings

Jubra

July 13, 2022 11:28 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 56092

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

Covers just under 12000.

I do not understand the logic why it should be due to the pump. The first coffee works still, the pump with the power then decreases? What is meant by the rotary valve? The input from the tank or the flowmeter? I have removed the former due to test setup.

It seems that after several draws the water is heated too much.

Unfortunately, you often read that after replacing the pump, brewing unit and ceramic valve, the error remained, a solution was then no longer read.

MfG Jürgen

Gast_Bastian

September 15, 2023 06:12 pm

Unregistered

I had also and admittedly searched for a while. With me it was the valve in the head of the brewing unit closed. Remove the hose on the top of the brewing unit. Lift plastic clip on top of brew unit (with slotted screwdriver). Push the brewing head backwards and remove it downwards. Unscrew metal screen (torx)--> Pull out the valve underneath (small hole) (is just plugged in, I did it with needle nose pliers, one half of which I put in the hole). Then clean the spring and and the valve closure.

What happens in the end is that the machine tries to brew, but the valve does not open and thus the pressure becoming too large escapes somewhere on the brewing unit... hence the steam leak.

Ikke

October 19, 2023 08:43 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 69024

It's been a while, but with my EQ6 was also . Milk drinks went coffee now and then. Pump replaced and everything was like new again.