Advanced search

Siemens EQ.9 "Clean brewing unit" very often

Gast_Jutta

March 12, 2019 08:38 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the help .l did not get out of the cleaning program because the error message always occurred before cleaning.
With siliconespay on the spring
and switch off again 3 times
and restart again it finally went on at the 3 tem times. so the Spay must first work.

Gast_Kaffeetrinker

April 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Flenskaffeetrinker @ Freitag, January 11, 2019) January 2019, 23:48 hrs)
I read all the articles and was very scared about some advice. Also my brewing unit muckt after 2 years. First, plastic ages and second, the problem is in the plastic thread. In the course of time, coffee residues have accumulated here and become firm. On the part of SIEMENS there seems to be no remedy, except to buy a new brewing unit!
To get into the inner workings of this thread is almost hopeless and also Siemens offers no help for this.

Thus a very, very bad service from Siemens.!

Pity, now that I have my third fully automatic coffee machine, now EQ.9, from Siemens.

The problem with the brewing unit is actually quite easy to fix.
Clean the BE thoroughly under running water with a cloth.
Move the BE to the position where the ground beans are pressed against the above metal sieve. In other words: simulate the actual brewing process.
Grip one or two fingers (depending on size ;-)) into the hole at the bottom of the spindle and turn it upwards.
Then apply a little silicone grease (in no case silicone oil!!!!! !) to the spindle.
Then manually turn the spindle up and down a few times and insert BE again.
[B] Make sure that it is in the initial position[/B]

Gast_Kaffeetrinker

April 14, 2019 06:31 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (dersupergrobi @ Thursday, August 16, 2018) August 2018, 11:20 am)
Hello together,

I'll dig it up again, because I have the same problem.
Since I've been waiting for my juras myself in the past, taking out the brewing unit and greasing it is a cinch.

But what about the muddy coffee powder remnants?
For presentations in markets these are always solid, dry
disks, as mentioned in the origin here that is with the EQ9
more a porridge.

I have phoned Siemens - they want to have the machine (because of the sluggishness) for 10-14 working days.
Lubricating is easy - but is there a connection with the coffee leftovers?

Thank you...

Frank

If the spindle is stiff, the motor which is responsible for the drive switches off early. Thus, the coffee powder is not pressed properly and falls into the collecting bowl after the brewing process. Carefully grease the spindle as already described and the slug is history. Coffee should taste better again!

BlackBetty

April 29, 2019 08:32 pm

Unregistered

Machine bought at the end of 05/2018. After the first use, the machine did not make any more milk foam on the 2nd day. 1: 1 exchange in the shop. Since September the message "Clean brewing unit" has been displayed again and again. In spite of cleaning and using silicone grease, the whole thing has increased so much that the machine has brought the error message every time it is switched on and off. Customer service called, machine picked up and after not even a week back. Replacement of the brewing unit as "mechanically defective".
Very annoying with a machine in the price range.

itsab1989

May 08, 2019 02:03 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 34258

Same with me. First had an EQ9 S700. At first everything was top and suddenly the mistake with the brewing unit occurred more and more frequently. Complained to the dealer, sent in, error persisted and machine had afterwards after each sending in more and more defects at the housing and indicated still further strange errors (I should fill water without carbonic acid). Then I got the current value refunded, which I actually already felt as cheekiness, would have rather had a functioning device.
But because I liked the EQ9 in general, I gave Siemens another chance and bought a S900. After half a year same problem. This time, Siemens Customer Service will provide you with a new brewing unit very easily. She left, too. However, two days ago the error occurred again and
has become more frequent
ever since

At a price like this, I just expect nothing like this to happen. I also find the silicone spray unacceptable. I am really not gifted with such things and have a little hesitation to treat the brewing unit with them. I wouldn't know how and where and would be afraid that the coffee would come into contact with it at the end.

The

last brewing unit, by the way, also had the metal handle jammed as described by another user here, so that the brewing unit

could

no longer move as intended

Absolutely flawed design, in my opinion. I'm curious what the customer service will say when the part goes away next week. In any case, it was the last Siemens device. I had already flirted with the Oracle Touch at that time, but unfortunately there was no distribution in Germany yet. Too bad about all the money.

Gast_Kaffeetrinker

May 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Unregistered

Fully automatic coffee makers with removable brewing units often have problems with this. In most cases, this is due to improper cleaning of the brewing unit and its use. In contrast to the brewing unit used in EQ 7, the brewing unit in EQ 9 is much more robust. When cleaning, you should simply make sure that the thin metal handle is not accidentally bent and thus block the unit. The error message "Clean brewing unit" then appears as a result of the blocking. When using the unit you should put it back in the same position as when you took it out. If the message "Clean brewing unit" appears frequently, the unit can be checked manually for ease of movement by slowly turning the spindle up and back again by hand. So you can quickly find out where it's stuck. The use of [/B]silicone grease[/B] is as far as I know completely harmless, especially as it does not come into contact with the coffee at all. (Provided you lubricate it in the right places)I would not inject silicone oil into the machine!

Gast_Kaffeetrinker

May 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Unregistered

@itsab 1989
Where and how you must use the silicone grease is described in detail above.
MfG

JasonWuerg

June 07, 2019 11:18 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 34434

Moin, So my 1 1/2 year old EQ9 S700 now also makes the "clean brew group" mistake. I cleaned the brewing group ( I normally do 1x -2x a week ) and now I also greased it. Error is unfortunately not gone, comes all 10-15 references again. The scraper and the sieve are stuck. If I push everything back into the right position I can remove the group and it runs again. Siemens would like to pick up and repair the machine. I had spoken again to a service person who told me that only a new brew group would not do, a firmware update would also have to be installed blink.gif
Can anyone confirm that? I don't want to send in the machine because in my opinion the mistake is clearly due to the brewing group
What do you think of that?

Wörlein

August 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Unregistered

user posted image

Wörlein

August 17, 2019 12:19 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 34994

Hello together

Attached Image

Gast_Chris

August 23, 2019 03:30 pm

Unregistered

Hey!
Super horny post. I'm going to try that later. I could observe exactly the same with my brewing group. The hose is slightly bent and if I manually drive the brew group in the removed state, hold it exactly vertically, it hooks at the last moment, before the small cup swings out. I think that here still too much tension on the side of the bent hose works. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem if the hose was 10mm longer. MfG
biggrin.gif

Wörlein

August 23, 2019 03:35 pm

Coffee drinker

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and please let me know if you were successful. Mine has been running flawlessly ever since...

Gast_Chris

August 23, 2019 04:01 pm

Unregistered

Yes, in any case I give feedback. I've read so much already. You have to say clearly that you should have some technical understanding with this machine, or brewing group. I think it's too much of a good thing for a layman. You have to think about that in advance. It's really stupid that I only own the Siemens for two days. Bought them used and the seller doesn't answer. Fortunately, there's still a warranty on it. But sending it in is the last resort, I'm really trying everything.

Perhaps as another "troubleshooting", I could bend this metal bracket for the pomace pads down a bit. Let's see.....

Gast_Chris

August 23, 2019 08:37 pm

Unregistered

It worked! But only when I used the rubber. happy.gif But that can't be the solution for a high-end coffee machine. I need to call customer service.

Wörlein

August 25, 2019 03:04 pm

Coffee drinker

Yoo-hoo, I'm so happy for you. Whether that's the solution or not. Mine has been running flawlessly since then and Siemens sells you at most a new brew group that will start again after a few months. I don't see the rubber as long as the lid is on it and I'm satisfied smile.gifwith it Maybe I'll make a long soft spring instead of the rubber on it but "That" is definitely the cause for the jamming of the brewing unit! thank you for your feedback greetingsWörlein

12Seite 345