Advanced search

WMF Bistro easy

Fips001

December 20, 2010 11:56 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 11012

Hello, first of all thanks to all of you who take care of such a Fourm, make the effort to help others with tips and tricks and thus help really many people!

So now to my problem:

I got a WMF Bistro easy Bj.2002 with a grinder as a present. The machine has been in storage for a long time (2-3 years) and all the small plastic hoses inside have been bitten by a mouse! I have now replaced all the hoses with new ones (original WMF) and want to get the machine running. So far everything hasn't been so problematic. But now my technical knowledge is at an end. The machine reports (except for maintenance due) that no water pressure is present. When I start the cleaning it steams and bubbles but it goes on and it also comes out about 0,5-0,75l water from the unsure.gif Water exit (where you put the cups underneath) in front. I vented the device by pulling a hose at the top and chasing water through it until there was no more air in the hoses. Of course I don't know if that was enough or the right method!! In my opinion the water pressure should also be sufficient, because I live in a family house, no other device is connected to this connection and I normally have no problems with water pressure!

I would be very grateful to you if you had a good advice or tip for me.

WMF FAN

December 21, 2010 03:21 pm

Unregistered

Hello Fips001

"The machine reports (except maintenance due) that there is no water pressure.
The water pressure should also be sufficient in my opinion, since I live in a family house, no other device is connected to this connection and I normally have no problems with water pressure!

The Bistro Easy has no pressure regulator in the inlet group.
So it cannot measure the applied pressure.
You will have a flow error. Especially if it splashes out at the front.

The DFM can be blocked or defective.
Or it can also be the inlet group,flow heater,pump,espresso nozzle blocked.
You can deal with such mistakes for a long time.

"I vented the device by pulling out a hose at the top and chasing water through it until there was no more air in the hoses. Of course I don't know if that was sufficient or the right method!! "

absolutely wrong. With the Easy you don't need to vent or even flush anything.
It has a flange plate on the boiler lid through which it vents .
If you have flushed the hose to the cappuccino valve it may be that you now need a new pressure switch.

>Do you not have a friendly WMF technician near your home?
You won't have a mistake that you can just do.
Why should your mouse only nibble on the hoses and not a few cables.

>

Fips001

January 02, 2011 10:35 am

Coffee drinker

Hello WMF fan, thanks for your answers. Sorry I didn't get back to you until now, but on the one hand there were the holidays and on the other hand I've been building the machine for so long!

So first of all: It runs and does everything it should!!!

But I don't want to leave a few things uncommented.

The Bistro Easy has no pressure regulator in the inlet group.
So it cannot measure the applied pressure.
You will have a flow error. Especially if it splashes out the front.

The machine has a pressure regulator! Otherwise it could not bring this error message at all. The valve at which the pressure can be adjusted is located at the front left under the metal sheet where the set container is pushed in. There's a screw there to adjust the pressure.

Don't you have a friendly WMF technician near your home? You won't have a mistake you can just do.
Why should your mouse just nibble on the hoses and not a few cables.

Yes I have the technician nearby (even 2) and I have to say: I really thank them both very much. One of them even gave me tips by phone at 22:30 in the evening and helped me "on-the-Air". This is really a hammer service for me. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him most sincerely.
The mouse has not only bitten the hoses (the dung cattle) but fortunately I am not completely unneeded electrically and have simply insulated or renewed all cables. I also have a spray, if you spray cables with it, they become waterproof (I tried it myself, sprayed cable ends, electricity on it, off into a puddle of water... nothing happened!)

So and now on the subject of water is sprayed out the front: On the one hand the inlet hose of the brewing group sheared off me (due to an installation error by me) and while trying to replace it I broke the nipple! After I had replaced it I noticed on the next attempt that still water has run out of the BG ... mad.gif So everything out again, the pistons completely disassembled, new gasket kit in, everything together again and test run done... and now EVERYTHING works fine. My wife is happy again (you have to know that I turned the kitchen into a battlefield because I wanted to drill the hole for the water supply and the drain into the kitchen plate when everything was working). That's why I outgesorced the fridge and put the machine in the middle of the way biggrin.gif )

That's my first experience with WMF Bistro easy.

The coffee really tastes delicious and since the machine is sometimes offered at a really cheap price in the bay, I find it (despite its size) a real alternative to the other machines. Especially when you see what quality is built in! For example the engine for the mill is as big as a generator for a 60PS Polo smile.gif and the grinder is made of metal. It will probably take a while until it breaks rolleyes.gif

WMF Fan

January 02, 2011 11:20 am

Unregistered

Hello Fips001,

that makes me happy for you.
The problem with the wrongly installed brewing hose to the brewing valve has always been a problem for everyone.
That's why in the last Easy series a holder was installed where the hose can be passed through. So that it can not slide under the record box and then tear.

And that the plug nipple on the brewing cylinder then still pulls off is the crowning .
1 Euro component which can be a pretty strong annoying if you do not have it.

But one thing I can not sit on me either.

"The machine has a pressure regulator! Otherwise it could not bring this error message at all. The valve at which the pressure can be adjusted is located at the front left under the metal sheet where the set container is pushed in. There is a screw with which you can adjust the pressure."

Always assuming we are really talking about a Bistro Easy.
Does it not have a pressure regulator. This grey block with the adjusting screw on top is a pressure reducer.
Where you can adjust the pressure but this block does not measure anything.
Pressure regulator or pressure switch is a component that monitors the static pressure.
However, the name Easy has been omitted from the Easy for this reason.
It cannot measure the pressure. It measures the impulses via the flow rates.
In the normal bistro there is a small red switch in the inlet group which measures the pressure.

Greeting

Fips001

January 02, 2011 02:30 pm

Coffee drinker

Okay... I'll let that count. rolleyes.gif

Because I actually have no idea of such devices at all but everything I needed to make them work I have only now appropriated. I hope you don't feel stepped on the tie by my wrong assessment of a member.

lg

Fips

WMF Fan   

January 02, 2011 06:23 pm

Unregistered

Quatsch.

All good with the machine. It is one of the best fully automatic commercial machines I know.

greeting biggrin.gif

Fips001

January 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Coffee drinker

huh.gif now I have a problem.... here's what happened: I have hung the machine on a timer so that it is already on in the morning when my wife gets up and has her obligatory coffee shortly before work. This morning my little machine reported "locked;- clean" although the cleaning was only the day before yesterday evening. I believe to know that she brings the message after 24 hours and then actually only after 72 hours blocks ... unsure.gif

Can you adjust that somehow, or influence it? My fair wife got me out of bed with the words "If she does that again that I don't get coffee in the morning, then I'll get the old one (Trevi Spidem mad.gif> ) from the basement"!

As such it would help me if I could lift the automatic lock to 72 hours. The message "Carry out cleaning" is welcome!

WMF Fan

January 07, 2011 09:06 pm

Unregistered

Hello Fips,
You're right, the request for cleaning comes after 24 hours .
Forced cleaning comes only after 72 hours .
From the first purchase after a cleaning.
When I'm at a bistro for the days I check if you can switch off the forced cleaning or extend it.
Do you have a Z key??? ?
Can you turn the key until you're done billing?

Fips001

January 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Coffee drinker

Hi, yeah, I can put the key down to check out. I also get into the "WMF menu" and there I only find the setting "cleaning plan A or B" Unfortunately I don't know exactly what they mean. Could be that A says = do immediately otherwise jibbet nothing more and B says = cleaning is now already a bit here so do it, I give you 72 hours time.... (so my dream ;-))

January 08, 2011 03:58 pm

Unregistered

If you're already in the support program, why not just go to the
component test. Arrow left . 1 Startup Enter

Then it resets all counters to zero and your 24 hours start all over again.

mawotec

January 08, 2011 04:55 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 11279

I could help you with the mouse problem! wink.gif
Call in by PN

Fips001

January 09, 2011 04:16 am

Coffee drinker

Hello guest... the problem is not me, but my wife! If I have the time to go to the customer service program then I can also wait the couple minutes for the cleaning program. I don't refuse to clean the machine, I just want to change the period from memory to refusal to work ;-)

The problem was: My wife gets up in the morning, the machine reports for the first time: "I'm not cleaned yet so you don't get any coffee" woman angry.... Fucking day. "OK you'd have to clean me but I'll give you time to do it today at noon and until then you can drink coffee&#quot; if the world would have been all right!

I hope you all understand that I don't take the subject too seriously and that my wife didn't make a drama about it right away. I have only tried to get some pep into the thread by this "lifelike" description rolleyes.gif (which doesn't mean I don't want to change the program tongue.gif

lg

Fips

PS: Mawotec you have PN

Gast_Stukkijojo

September 23, 2020 09:04 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Fips001 @ Friday, 07 January 2011, 23:14 hrs)
Hi, yeah, I can put the key down to pay. I also get into the "WMF-Menu" and there I only find the setting "Cleaning plan A or B" Unfortunately I don't know exactly what these two mean. Could be that A says = don't do anything right away or else jibbet nothing more and B says = cleaning is already a bit late so get on with it, I give you 72 hours time.... (so my dream ;-))

Hello
, may I ask how you
got
into the customer service
program?

How

can

I

delete

the lock

? Thanks LG
Jojo