Advanced search

DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3000.

No longer flushes when switched on

Gast_Daniel

February 28, 2022 12:26 pm

Unregistered

Hi
,have noticed since yesterday a very curious behavior of my coffee machine. Normally, this always performs a short rinse program when switching on and off. Since yesterday, however, this no longer works when switching on. You can hear how the pump wants to draw water, however, this does not seem to work, sounds like when the pump can not draw water. So far so good.
The interesting thing is that if you then manually e.g. via steam knob the water output from the milk frother starts, water is drawn as usual from the tank and hot water is also output correctly.
The coffee preparation then also works normally and the device even rinses when you turn it off again.
For some reason just not when you turn it on? Had after the problem occurred the first time the machine also again decalcified, but no change.
I had only the day before the problem occurred the machine including brew group had cleaned, can now unfortunately not say whether the problem occurred directly after that already or whether then initially everything still worked normally.
Could now unfortunately not really find anything in the direction, in most cases I had seen the water withdrawal / the water output was completely no longer possible.

Someone vllt. an idea?

Speeder

June 15, 2022 06:38 pm

Unregistered

Have the same issue - get a water light blinking sometime when the machine turns on and it doesn't rinse. Once on, switching to steam fixes the issue and it works completely fine afterwards.

matkinson

September 11, 2023 04:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 68415

I have similar issue with my ECAM. Firstly, thanks for identifying a work around, which may enable me to stop wasting coffee. From a sample of one I'm able to use this "fix".
Secondly, wouldn't a flashing light then imply a blocked filter?