Krups XN2105

LEDs flash, more does not happen

Stabrey

July 11, 2009 06:15 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 4809

Hello coffee connoisseur!

I have a Krups XN2105 and could not find any help in the previous forum. The machine worked for more than two years (why not, as long as the warranty is on it) without errors, until three days ago it quit service.

Normally the buttons for the full and half cup flash for about 2 minutes, which is probably a warm-up phase, until it can then turn into a continuous light and start brewing.

Now they flash as before in a ratio of 1:1 again 2 minutes and then turn into: Three short flashes, slightly longer pause, three flashes and so on. It is no longer possible to brew the coffee.

Deactivating the coffee for a longer period of time was not successful. Do not press either key at the same time. Optically, everything is fine inside the machine, including the printed circuit board. The flow monitor is smooth-running. The heating should still be fine. The heating doesn't get any power, by the way, if you press the mains switch. Thus, a warm-up process is not possible and the temperature sensor cannot report: "Everything o.k."

The service told me the machine had hung up and could be repaired for 96 €. That's too expensive for me, especially since I'm technically not quite unskilled. But without a circuit diagram I can't get any further and I can't reset the microcontroller either.

Do any of you have any idea how I can get on with this problem? Thank you very much!
Greetings to all readers

Guest_Stabrey

July 31, 2009 03:10 pm

Unregistered

Hello again!

I managed it myself in the meantime, but only by replacing the electronics. This is available from Elektro Franck in Berlin (Google) for 67, 24 Euro. Item number: MS-0044636.
If someone has this error pattern again, the heating with approx. 40 Ohm, the thermistor with approx. 100 kOhm and the flow monitor are in order, then only money helps to invest in a new electronics.
I suspect the triac of the heating is over, but haven't tried to repair it yet. This would lower the cost from 67 Euro to 2 Euro ..and:-)
Thanks to all who have read the article!

Greetings to all readers!

clawilux

January 23, 2010 01:51 pm

Unregistered

Hello Stabrey,

After a long search in various forums I came across your error description and repair of an XN2100. I am in possession of 2 EN95 ( DELONGHI ) , electrically identical in construction with the scrubbing machines, which indicate the same error. Also I have carried out various repair attempts, ( Triac changed, etc ) without success, think also that it concerns a mistake of the Microchips. I have now bought 2 defective scrubbing machines on ebay, which caused damage to the water supply, but are electrically ok. After receiving these devices, I will take the time to replace the circuit boards and then take a closer look at the defective ones. Since no help can be expected from Nespresso, I will try to read out the soft and burn it again if necessary. ( I'm simply tempted, even if a success seems small. )
I'll definitely let you know if anything comes out of it.
Greets from Luxembourg,
clawilux

Gast_heitzer

May 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Unregistered

With the XN2120 and many other Nespresso Krups machines,

a) means dead: thermal fuses have responded! machine does nothing anymore.
Aid: Replacement: 2 pieces 167°C 5A at ebay or conrad etc for under one Euro/Stk

cool.gif fast and weakly flashing lights after switching on, also mostly irregular,
are the real problem: The PIC controller does not get a stable supply due to defective capacitors (the two thick foil capacitors 680nF and 220 nF at 275V (now better take 400V types)
. Since it nevertheless switches on the heating triac, the ÜT fuses die.

New capacitors come in and the machine goes again. Then the cups blink again regularly and not falteringly and the microcontroller switches the heating off again... nix burns through.

Source: www.kondensatorschaden.de and youtube
Manufacture tools for oval screw heads in countersunk channels from long M8 screw : 3.1mm drilling and left and right plumbing to 3.9mm to create the matching oval.
Source: French do-it-yourselfers on youtube.
The method "OP cutlery" is rather tragic-comic - do not imitate...

krups_coffee_drinker

January 28, 2022 06:34 pm

Unregistered

I thought my XN2120's water pump was broken. I had it disassembled but found nothing to the contrary. After finding this forum. I have replaced the 0.68uF and 0.22uF capacitors on the XN2120. The rapid blinking lights are now gone, replaced by steady blinking lights. The thermal fuses were also replaced. Yay!

But now the water pump does not pump water...

From powering on the XN2120, the two LED lights will start to blink slowly until the thermal block is at the correct temp. Then the two LED lights turn steady. Depressing either button shows the LED light blink (as per normal dispensing coffee) but now I hear nothing from the water pump.

Is there any way to check whether the water pump is working?

krups_coffee_drinker

January 28, 2022 06:37 pm

Unregistered

Also, I tested the voltage into the PCB from mains is 230V. But from the PCB to the pump is ~190V. Is this why the pump is not running since it needs 230V?

Gian italia

February 16, 2022 11:39 pm

Unregistered

Same for me. 3 lights blinking… changing all capacitors. Nothing:angry: