Fully automatic coffee machine - which beans to try out

I am completely overwhelmed by diversity

Freedom

October 28, 2014 11:18 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24312

Hey guys,

>our purchased coffee machine for our student cafe, which is expected to open next week, is the Saeco Royal Office. Coffee machine is up, counter is up, cups are bought, volunteers are found, decoration is on the way.

Any bean missing - exactly the right one.

Requirement profile: Probably coffee, but of course espresso as well. The amount of coffee should be as high as possible and the stuff should taste good rolleyes.gif . A current experiment with JA coffee beans for 8€ a kilo and the coffee quantity increased to 200ml only produces one sour broth.

My plan at the moment: Order up to five different beans (e.g.: coffee beans, espresso beans, organic fairtrade beans, Schümli beans), find me a few volunteers, and then try until something decent comes out...

I am completely overwhelmed by the unmanageable number of bean varieties - espresso, coffee, Schümli, light roasting, dark roasting,... ph34r.gif If I choose now myself, honestly, I would order the amazon bestseller...

Therefore the following 2 questions:
1) What is the maximum amount of water you can set for a maximum coffee quantity of 9g?
2) Can you recommend a few bean varieties in the 10-20€ price range that really differ so that we can decide on one category for the time being?

would be happy if somebody could help me/us out - the others of us are more likely to buy the first and cheapest variety from the discounter unsure.gif

numberonedefender

October 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Expert

Member No.: 2650

At a grinding rate of "only" 9g I would use a maximum of 140ml of water, the classic "Schümli" has between 100 and 120ml.

As in my opinion perfect "all-round bean" with a very good price/performance ratio (always quite freshly roasted) I recommend the espresso blend from HEMA, costs 8,50€/kilo and can order online.

After Melitta, Dallmayr etc.., which were all quite good from the KVA, the colleagues don't want anything else anymore and I have it also in my private machines...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

pirate78

May 29, 2015 06:55 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 25137

If you want to try different tastes, I can recommend different roasters.

Weakly different for me:

• Izzo Napoletano
  • Arabicaffe Supermiscecala
  • Lavazza Perfetto
  • Cellini Prestigio
  • Kimbo Coffee Espresso Prestige
  • Segafredo Espresso Casa
I don't want to value the species as each has its own taste. Lavazza, Cellini and Segafredo have the advantage that they are also available in the supermarket around the corner.
I have also tried some other roasters, as the differences in taste to these varieties were not so strong.

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

May 29, 2015 07:46 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22501

But the request was already 9 months old. blink.gif

Dave_I_Jones

March 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 29713

I'm a fan of the DM Bio coffee ! For organic quite cheap and yet tasty

Marion216

May 29, 2017 08:01 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 19140

Have you ever tried those beans?

Gimoka Gran Gala Nero 1kg - Espresso Beans

I find the beans very tasty smile.gif

monika_a   

March 09, 2018 06:17 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 32043

Hello together,

I attach great importance to where it comes from when buying coffee. I recently bought the Bionatural Bio Fairtrade coffee espresso and I'm thrilled. https://bohnen-test.de/testsieger/
The coffee is of high quality and you can also taste that the coffee beans were roasted with drum roasting, because the coffee does not taste so extremely bitter and the coffee beans were not "dead-roasted". For me, this brand means the best coffee beans, which I can only recommend to anyone who also values Faitrade goods.

Greetings, Moni smile.gif