Nivona breaks off after grinding process

Nivona 830

Balimelto

August 27, 2017 11:04 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 30130

Good morning,
my Nivona 830 is now 3 years old. I refilled fresh beans this morning. After the grinding process, which sounds somewhat different, not so powerful, the machine stops the process. Sometimes the ground coffee ends up in the marc container, little water ends up in the drip tray. Is it the grinder or the drainage valve?
Thank you very much for your help.
Ratlose Balimelto

HWS

August 28, 2017 11:06 am

Expert

Member No.: 24376

You can try to increase the grind. If it doesn't help, unscrew the grinder. Thorough cleaning inside. Then the 3 microswitches would probably have to be replaced. Two of them are inside the BE drive. One is up and switches on the powder quantity detection. The little faehn on the BE turns it on. The device has an electric ceramic valve. This possibly also times out and open. Clean mechanically with a suitable tool from dirt and calcification. - It is these error possibilities that need to be checked.

HWS

Balimelto

August 28, 2017 03:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello HWS,
many thanks for your help! After adjusting the grinding degree the machine runs again.
Lucky, because as a layman I would not have managed to change the microswitches.
Although I changed the outlet valve myself.
Thank you again
Many greetings balimelto

HWS

August 28, 2017 06:25 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to be able to help people. When descaling, make a more concentrated broth next time. If it then runs out at the front, switch off the machine so that the descaler can then work for 3-4 hours. This is only profilactic for effective decalcification.

Greetings from Franconia

HWS

Balimelto

August 28, 2017 08:51 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello HWS,
Thanks for this tip, I will definitely use it, because I also come from Franconia and we have very hard water.
Tips from experts are worth gold. Thank you very much for your help and trouble .
Many greetings
balimelto