Advanced search

"Normal" coffee with 05000A

Gast_J

November 30, 2012 08:57 pm

Unregistered

Hello Forum,

I bought a Quickmill 05000A some months ago (used from a household resolution) and cleaned it properly. The reason was our Jura (Impressa S70), which has to be constantly repaired. The coffee that the Jura makes is really great, but about 200€ every 2 years for repairs I really find a cheek for the "Merzedes" among the fully automatic machines.
The mechanics of the Quickmill is praised everywhere for its quality. That I can only confirm, beautiful everything made of metal.

After the part finally ran I then tried to make coffee with it. I guess I chased through about a kilo of Tchibo Coffee Crema, but it didn't turn out well. The coffee always tasted extremely strong, or had no crema. Sometime I gave up and tried it with Expresso, and see there, it will be super.

Therefore here to all 5000A owners my question: Is the machine only suitable for Expresso, or does any of you conjure a good coffee crema with it? I actually bought it to replace the Jura, as soon as it gives up the ghost again.

For your answers I thank you in advance, first of all I just want to know if it works at all.

Greß
Jörg

wunderhailer

February 03, 2013 02:38 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 19178

A little late, but maybe it will help you:
The Quickmill is more of an espresso machine than a coffee VA. Even the amount of water is not enough for a "normal" coffee. If I set the water regulator on my QM 0500 to maximum, I have a water quantity of approx. 50 to max 60ml. That's not enough for a regular coffee. But the machine makes really usable espresso.

greetings

Uli

joerg74

February 05, 2013 10:01 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 16690

Hello wunderhailer,

thank you for the reply. So it's not the amount of water. If I set the knob to 10, the coffee cup is full to the brim...

Doesn't anybody else make "normal" coffee with the QM?

Gruß
Jörg

wunderhailer

February 07, 2013 12:14 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 19178

...funny, my control goes from 0-13, at 6-7 I have the normal amount of espresso 25-30ml, at full stop (13) about twice that.
I don't know anything about coffee (drink only espresso or cappu with this part) but have you experimented enough with the grind?
Sheets

Uli
Quick Mill MOD.05000A - OA Professional

Anita D.

June 11, 2013 09:13 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 20865

Hello! I make very good Café Creme with my 5000A maybe it's the coffee variety.
I take Pascucci mild. Highly recommended !!!
You may also need to grind finer?
Lg Anita

joerg74

June 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 16690

@wonderhailer: Obviously, we have different knobs. For an espresso I set to 3 maximum 4.

@Anita: Thanks for the info. This Pascucci Mild is a mild espresso, isn't it? How did you set the machine? Same degree of grinding as for an espresso, so just more water, or more coarse grinding? I only get the same amount of powder?
Right nice crema when the cylinder is really full, the scraper has to scrape off about half a teaspoon. Is that the same with you?

Many greetings
Jörg

Anita D.

June 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 20865

The coffee is very suitable for espresso and cafe cream, I just change the amount of water. I have an espresso at level 2-3 and a café cream at 6-7. I have the grind at 3 and with the amount of coffee I don't really miss anything. My setting wheel is about 10:00 if you know what I mean. The coffee is really very good for me. But my machine is already cracking at full throttle although it is only half a year old. Lg
Haffe I could help you out! smile.gif