Siemens EQ5 Check water tank

My princess is just crazy...

Batzii

February 04, 2021 10:16 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 42792

Hello community,
I was for a long time only a silent with reader. I could answer many questions through the forum and also solve many without problems. Thanks for that you are great.
Now to my problem:
My Princess eq5 macchiato plus says water tank check

Short explanation the problem existed for some time so forum... read that the flowmeter could be the culprit.... ergo exchanged short time later (2 cups with hang and choke) came the message Service Hotline.... ergo forum.... pump... Place also renewed... again message water tank... Now a new brewing group apart from the drainage valve which I had already changed at the beginning.....
But even now it still writes "check water tank" I am at my wit's end. Does anyone of you still have a tip or an idea (except buy new automat)
I would be very very grateful
Greetings André

Andromeda

February 08, 2021 03:22 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 34151

Hello André,

the EQ5 Macchiato plus, like the EQ6 and 7(8), has a ceramic valve. This could be calcified.
The heating could also be calcified. I.e. if the descaling program runs through the problem is probably in the ceramic valve to look for.
Since unfortunately in the descaling program the water path (hot water and steam) is rinsed, the path to the brewing unit could still be clogged (when descaling the BH is not rinsed).
Since the EQ5 has a test menu: https: //saeco-support-forum.de/threads/siemens-eq-5-zugang-zum-servicemenue-erstmals-hier-beschrieben.45727/, you can test the different water paths and also read out the error log.
CV = Ceramic Valve
BU = Brew Unit

Here is a video where an identical ceramic valve is disassembled.
https://www.

do

you mean drain

valve ?

The EQ 5 Macchiato has a drainage valve, the EQ 5 Macchiato plus has a ceramic valve! greetings

Alex

--------------------
Saeco Family
AEG Cafamosa CF85
Phillips HD5730
Siemens EQ7 L-Series
Melitta Caffeo CI