Advanced search

ESAM 6600 grinds too short

caffeeklatsch

April 07, 2014 07:20 pm

Barista

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 18508

Hello,

someone has a hint for me why the grinder grinds only 5 sec?

Egal how light or strong the coffee is set and what cup size, it is ground too little. Grape marc just 1cm thick and that with every setting. Fine and coarse adjustment at the grinder works. Pomace also not muddy but coffee just too thin. The grinder is only 1.5 years old. Machine 5. resetting the machine did not help either.

Many thanks for your help in advance

looser

April 07, 2014 08:33 pm

Expert

Member No.: 5600

Beans out, 4 x coffee brewing start, ignore warning message, beans in again. Within the next 10 references this should be correct again.

Open and clean the grinder. Especially the conveyor wheel under the lower grinding stone. I'm sure that's a bit of a problem.

--------------------
Nach vielen verschiedenen KVA habe ich jetzt meinen Seelenfrieden. WMF 800 :-)

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

caffeeklatsch

April 07, 2014 09:15 pm

Barista

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll try and let you know.

caffeeklatsch

April 08, 2014 07:49 am

Barista

So I had a few times ground without beans, but an error message like I know it from the 5500 didn't come up ("fill bean container" or something like that). It continued to brew normally.
Only with clear water. Is that normal with the ESAM 6600???

As there was no time to try beans again this morning, I will do it this afternoon.
But to be honest, I can't quite believe in the success yet, because it worked normally with the grinding quantity and then from one day to the next not anymore. That is to say, the grinder had already learnt its trade.

Can it also be the power or control circuit board????

looser

April 08, 2014 08:56 am

Expert

That would be the first machine that would bring clear water.

The MW constantly learns itself. So if little powder is reported, the powder quantity increases again.
Provided the impeller is clean and delivers enough.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

caffeeklatsch

April 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Barista

But it is precisely this error message that too little powder or coffee ends up in the brewing group that is not issued. Therefore my question is whether it could also be due to the electronics.

But I will still disassemble and clean the grinder this afternoon.

looser

April 08, 2014 06:40 pm

Expert

Certainly it could also be due to the electronics, but I haven't had it yet.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

caffeeklatsch

April 08, 2014 07:35 pm

Barista

I just brewed 2 cups of coffee with filled beans and immediately the grinding time was twice as long.

looser was right. Let the grinder run empty several times and then again with beans and the grinder learns a new lesson.

Many thanks. Problem solved biggrin.gif

Klingel121   

February 03, 2018 03:17 pm

Unregistered

biggrin.gif Hello Losser, super tip and description! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

>I have already done a big renewal on my ESAM 6600 and was now, with this appearance with the coffee powder too small, really helpless or would have definitely relied on the electronics. Brewing without coffee has brought it.
Now the coffee tastes good again!

Thanks and really good forum.

Greeting bell 121

Gast_Andre

January 27, 2019 09:44 pm

Unregistered

The emptying thing worked. I just wonder how the machine measures that...
But ok. The coffee tastes good again and is not so thin anymore...
Thanks for the tip

Gast_Martin

July 28, 2019 04:20 pm

Unregistered

Same problem with thin coffee.

But unfortunately my machine grinds without beans only 5 seconds, I have already done this 10 times. At 1 cup cover.

Is that the circuit board broken?

It's these obstructions:

Power board 5213213691

KP

February 01, 2020 06:47 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (looser @ Monday, April 07, 2014, 20:33)
Beans out, start 4 x coffee delivery, ignore warning message, beans back in. Within the next 10 references this should be true again.

Open and clean the grinding mechanism. Especially the conveyor wheel under the lower grinding stone. It's definitely a little rough.

Hey, loser, that's a great tip. With my ESAM 6600 the grinding time was only 4 seconds! even with the strongest setting it was less than 6 seconds. i then let the machine grind "empty" 5 times and got back to 8:20 seconds. thank you very much! smile.gif
this is a great forum -
smile.gif

Vitali

March 25, 2020 08:59 pm

Unregistered

Hello
,I have the problem that the coffee from my ESAM 6600
is quite thin.

Already exchanged the thermoblock, the grinder and the reedplate, but still the coffee is very thin, the grinding time is about 5 seconds, the pomace is 0.

6 cm thick.

Reset already done, run the grinder 10 times. Nothing helped

If someone has another tip for me, I would be very grateful

Gast_Heiko   

August 20, 2020 04:26 pm

Unregistered

Hi folksHad
exactly the same problem with my Esam 6600... so I took the good piece apart... cleaned the grinder and..... no improvement! Until I read here the grinder runs without beans. super tip ....... everything runs again as it
should be
thanks Heiko

Gast_Peter

July 03, 2021 08:25 am

Unregistered

I have now done 2x, run empty a few times, then enough for max. 3 cups, then it starts all over again. Is it still worth a repair? After all, already more than 20000 covers, the thing can not last forever ... I would be hard to part with, the coffee was always good. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks already! Greetings

Seite 12