Advanced search

Melitta Caffeo CI System error 8

Armin 101

March 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (spooner @ Thursday, September 05, 2013, 9:41 p.m.)
If anyone else has this problem:

I called the Melitta hotline today
, which in my opinion is the best hotline in the world
in

terms of waiting time, competence etc., which is only incidentally.biggrin.gif

Anyway,the good woman at the other end advised me to
switch on
the
appliance
while the brewing group is far away
,then to the upper right of the large drive wheel,
which is located quite centrally,in the approximately pear-shaped recess,
in which you can see a white plastic part,to press down on it until you reach a
switch/button. When you press it,the machine beeps,
then hold it pressed until the wheel turns back and forth and comes to a stop again
.now put the brewing unit back in place,lock it and that's it!at least
that worked for me

I hope I could or can
help
somebody
with it.

MFGSpooner

A great tip! Had the same mistake and the manual didn't help me. But that was it. I couldn't get to it with my finger, but with a serenade. The switch is on the white part. Thanks a lot!!

Schorschi

March 14, 2020 11:18 am

Unregistered

@Spooner:

Thanks for the tip! Machine running again, day saved!!

Gast_Bernd

March 27, 2020 10:49 am

Unregistered

Hello, everybody.
I don't have the engine turned on anymore. Both the trick with the button with removed BG and my/on unfortunately does not help. Do you have other ideas?

Gast_Kaffeetrinker0815

March 27, 2020 07:10 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (spooner @ Thursday, 05 September 2013, 21:41)
If anyone else has this problem:

called the Melitta hotline today
, which in my opinion is the best hotline in the world
in

terms of waiting time, competence etc., which is only incidentally....biggrin.gif

Anyway,the good woman at the other end advised me to
switch on
the
machine
while the brewing group is far away
,then to the upper right of the large drive wheel,
which is located quite centrally,in the approximately pear-shaped recess,
in which you can see a white plastic part,and to press the button down until you reach a
switch/button. When you press it,the machine beeps,
then hold it pressed until the wheel turns back and forth and comes to a stop again
.now put the brewing unit back in place,lock it and that's it!at least
that worked for me

I hope I could or can
help
somebody
with it.

MFGSpooner

worked out great and saved the day!

Gast_Urmel

April 07, 2020 03:14 pm

Unregistered

Hello, everybody,

I'm desperate about system error eight. I successfully replaced the drain valve. I can make a cup of coffee. But after the cup the system error 8 appears and the machine switches off. After that, the brewing group cannot be removed for the time being and is blocked. Then I simply leave the locking device of the brewing group open and switch the machine on again. Of course, the message "Insert brewing group" appears - I then close the locking device and the machine is idling for a moment - now I can also remove the brewing group again or draw another cup. Then the game starts all over again: system error 8. I have already pressed the My and On/Off buttons several times and also alternatively pressed the micro switch many times. The motor also starts to run back and forth each time. But as soon as I draw a cup of coffee (or espresso, it doesn't matter), the system error 8 appears again. Did I miss any hint or does anyone remember anything about this? ohmy.gif

Gast_Thomas   

April 12, 2020 03:40 pm

Unregistered

Thank you for setting it up, it worked right away.
I was afraid that it would be expensive, thank you again.

Susan

May 08, 2020 09:29 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Quay @ Wednesday, 27 March 2019, 08:22 hrs)
Good morning
, now it is unfortunately with our Melitta also so farSystem error
tips I have tested, it also beeps makes noise, but the drive wheel does not sad.gifrotate
Is the machine now ready for scrap or what can I still do?
Thank you already

But hello. This afternoon it was also my fault that I took out the drip tray under the rinse cycle, she didn't like that at all. Hotline called at 4:15 pm on Fridays. I'm supposed to unplug it overnight and let all the leftover electricity go out. That's bullshit. You can reach them again on Monday.

I'll have a look behind the brewing unit. There's no way in. Immediately problem recognized ... Drive shaft never adjusts... Yeah great there is no reset button... Turn the brewing unit around and see how it works. But I didn't want to.

Then I mowed the lawn in the garden without coffee....unsure.gifwacko.gifblink.gifrolleyes.gif

Well, they came over the page an hour ago, thanks to the gentleman on the first page.

My IQ Touch is working again, but 5 times knows brains, and very unpleasant noises, and peeled. It wouldn't be that easy with me. In and my recipes pressed. Nothing again. ...thought brew unit is broken. In the meantime the drive shaft didn't turn any more either. at some point I read on for another 5 minutes and suddenly it starts working by itself... And look there again out and in. Care rinsing made. Went again. Espresso with few beans adjusted. Runs.

So you should try it more often. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifrolleyes.gif

Tough fight, though, thank God we saved on repairs. That's the second unit this week.
Washing machine in Düsseldorf so clogged up that it couldn't open. 70euro...
mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Lulas

May 09, 2020 04:25 pm

Unregistered

Hi guys,
just got the error8 after turn on. I have tried both versions of solution, but no luck. If I push the switch, the screen says wait please and then red screen. No wheel movement, not even any sound of the wheel trying to move.
Same with On/Off+my coffee, no movement inside, after having it pressed for few seconds, red screen.
I am affraid, that in my case the movement drive is gone, is it possible? Anybody had the same issue?
I am sad a lot bcs I see how many of you managed to make it work.huh.gif

Gast_Frank

June 19, 2020 08:59 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Atlas @ Friday, 22 November 2013, 13:20)
Thank you very much for the tip with the above mentioned switch. In my case, this unlocked the brewing unit again.

MfG

Atlas

I also had the problem and could solve it after the very good instructions. Thank you very much for this tip. With kind regards Frank

Alicia   

August 05, 2020 06:43 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Atlas @ Friday, 22 November 2013, 13:20)
Thank you very much for the tip with the above mentioned switch. In my case, this unlocked the brewing unit again.

MfG

Atlas

Thank you, you're a sweetheart! It worked:wub:

Gast_Rainer

August 12, 2020 04:37 pm

Unregistered

Thanks to SpoonerHat
works with the reset. But it was my own fault. I messed up the machine because I pulled out the drip tray again during the warm-up. I had not yet inserted the remaining tray. So one should
avoid
as much as possible

Gast_Eva

September 10, 2020 02:59 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Andreas @ Monday, 12 January 2015, 19:24 hrs)
Whoever came up with the number with the "reset" system error no. 8: THANK YOU it worked perfectly and saved you a lot of effort.

I also have system error 8, but my brewing group is in there and I can't get it out. Can anyone help? Thanks

Breadfish

October 13, 2020 05:21 am

Unregistered

Hello

I also have the problem with the brewing group
I have a Melitta cafeo ci 970 and have followed the instructions here with the keys power + power pressed simultaneously for 2
seconds.

The machine has returned to the home position and I was able to take out the brewing unit

When I cleaned it and put the brewing unit back in, I unfortunately got another system error

When I press the two buttons everything goes out except the light above the cup holder and it comes on after I let go Systemerror 8

Can

someone give

me

a hint what the reason is and what else I could try

?

Systemfehler 8

November 07, 2020 11:35 am

Unregistered

Can somebody help me? Can't
find the little white switch
.... Thanks a
lot

Ina

Gast_Frank

November 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Unregistered

Top, was able to fix system error 8. Press the lower limit switch with your finger and the roller goes back to the start position.
Thanks

56Seite 789