Advanced search

Saeco Odea Giro Brew group Troubleshooting

FloK92

October 18, 2014 10:37 am

Unregistered

Hello,

I have a problem with my Saeco Odea Giro that I can't solve myself.

The machine:
The machine is about 7 years old and ran perfectly so far, I changed the superheated steam valve once and also the outlet of the brewing group (I think it's called function valve). A few months ago I had completely cleaned the machine and re-greased it.

About the real problem:
The machine started at some point to occasionally reach the brewing position of the brewing group during the starch setting "3 beans". In the course of the time the problem accumulated, meanwhile it does not manage it also with 2 beans any longer. Had disassembled and tested both the gearbox and the brewing group several times, both actually smooth-running and also the microswitches (which probably often cause problems) are in order. Only a few millimetres are missing up to the final position of the brewing group when pressing the coffee powder. If you switch off the machine at this moment, you can also press a coffee in the test mode and the brewing group is tight. If the powder is then wet, the brewing group can also be driven to the end position. When pressing the machine itself creaks quite a bit (probably comes from the brewing group). A coffee with "1 bean" setting works (as less powder is ground), but also there the machine makes creaking noises (hard to describe, sounds like plastic straining).

I have the following ideas but no idea which one goes in the right direction, so I need advice from someone with more experience:

1. The amount of coffee that is ground has changed because the ceramic grinder has worn out (but I don't think so myself)

2. The motor has become weaker over time

3. There is an increased resistance somewhere in the brewing group. But I really don't know where, I had it completely disassembled, it runs super soft and can be moved with one finger.

I have a solution idea, too, but it's a gross botch and also not a permanent solution to the problem:
Simply extend the cam on the gear so that the limit switch is reached earlier, should work in test mode, the machine is tight even if the brewing group has only driven as far as possible (a few millimeters before the end position).

I would be very happy about a few tips, ideas or experiences smile.gif

To me:
I am a trained mechatronics engineer, so electrical and mechanical work of all kinds is no problem.

Kaffeeplanet

October 20, 2014 05:29 am

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 3017

change the big o-ring on the brew group that should help

--------------------
Alle Tips und Hinweise erfolgen nach bestem Wissen - die Verantwortung trägt jedoch der Ausführende.
Daher bitte lieber einmal zu viel als einmal zu wenig fragen.

Vor allen manuellen Arbeiten am Gerät den Netzstecker ziehen !

FloK92

October 26, 2014 07:16 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

thanks for the tip, bought me a new gasket.
At the moment everything is working fine again (with the old gasket), nothing changed except another kind of coffee...a bit mysterious.
I will change the seal if problems occur again...never touch a running system wink.gif