Siemens EQ8 S900

No more coffee...

matthes73

December 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 31662

Hello coffee friends,

It was probably too much for our fully automatic coffee machine over the holidays...he does not want to prepare any more coffee...He switches on quite normally...Pump starts, rinses and seems to be ready for use...
the rinsing water lands in the drip tray and does not come out of the coffee jets as usual.
Ok coffee jets cleaned, still no coffee...Clean and Calk done ...there are a few drops of water coming out of the jets but still no coffee...The water lands again in the drip tray, coffee grounds pulp moist in the pomace, brewing unit cleaned several times under running water...the actual coffee water has only a hint of coffee brown....it simply does not want any more coffee in the cup...Milk and hot water work without problems, only no more Kaffee´s...

It started with the fact that the filling quantity became less and less, until the end not a drop of coffee came out anymore....

What could be defective here.....

Gruß

Matthes

kaffeechris

December 27, 2017 06:44 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, remove the upper brewing sieve from the brewing unit and or revise it according to instructions from the network.

Which decalcifier do you use?

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

matthes73

December 27, 2017 07:13 pm

Coffee drinker

The brewing unit I have flushed several times the is clean and continuous .... for safety I have tried the precautionary from my parents and same result ....
as far as I googled it could be because of the ceramic valve ... but I do not find this for sale ... or the offered look different ....on mine is the number
0,14 A
0,006 bar

on the sticker

Lt. Goggle not to be found...

Liquid decalcifier from Delongi ( Not lemon based )

Maybe this helps to limit the error...the water runs down the metal wall behind the brewing unit to the drip tray and also behind the wall....

matthes73

December 27, 2017 08:46 pm

Coffee drinker

Short update....
It left me no peace and have disassembled the ceramic valve once and disassembled...I fell on that the big gear was stuck ...have renewed the old grease and reassembled the valve ... and a partial success...
Now nothing runs into the drip tray any more...but the coffee now comes out of the milk nozzle where the water supply also runs off...
At the valve I probably didn't screw anything together wrong, because everything can only be put together in one direction....
Possible that I have swapped hoses, which I can not imagine or I have the sensor (the electrical part with the red and white cable) wrong around inserted, that was the only thing that went in both directions ...
Switching should yes the valve ... because coffee does not come out only where he should...
to check it out I wanted to compare it on a photo ...but find none in the net ... only of this one with the additional green cable next to the red and white ....
Through all the googling I noticed that my valve looks like from the EQ6 which actually shouldn't be .....

Attached Image

HWS

December 28, 2017 11:47 am

Expert

Member No.: 24376

I haven't opened a ceramic valve from an EQ 8 yet, but I've opened many from an EQ 7. It's not unlikely that you didn't do something right during assembly. I think you should check everything again! The top number on the valve has to be read from behind: Date of manufacture: 28. 08. 14.

HWS

matthes73

December 28, 2017 05:06 pm

Coffee drinker

So the ceramic valve seems to be the reason for the wrong behaviour of the coffee drain...
As I said it was cleaned disassembled, greased again and put back together again...the sensor is also correctly rum...I looked ( white cable direction engine )...it can be that something has hacked there when building together, since it is difficult to press together because of the 3 springs ......
Is there a possibility to check it without disassembling the part again .... or do I have to unscrew it again ?

greeting

Matthes

HWS

December 28, 2017 06:27 pm

Expert

You can set the motor to approx. 10 V DC with an external power supply. If it then runs evenly, without scratching noises, then it will be fine. There's ceramic disks like that in there. Probably three. They have to be together again like before. Your valve is a little differently constructed, like that of the EQ 7.

HWS

matthes73

December 29, 2017 05:17 pm

Coffee drinker

Again a feedback....I bought a new ceramic valve for precaution ...came today ...installed and the same error ...again everything in the collection tray ....annoying ...what struck me is that the cables at the plug of the new valve are exactly the other way round ...so blue left and red right ...is already funny ...secondly not in the docking run at the metal wall should not be also a seal and if yes which size ...find no information about it ....

Attached Image

HWS

December 29, 2017 06:57 pm

Expert

You need some gaskets for the BE. There is no extra seal at the marked point. Only the upper nozzle of the BE goes in there. It is best to order a complete gasket set for the BE. It didn't hurt to put in a new ceramic valve. The docking pieces, i.e. the lower connection piece of the BE, lose their firm seat on the BE over time. So also a new docking piece would be important. Without new seals and docking piece you won't get a green branch. I would also recommend a new inlet nozzle. You can get it all at Komtra.de.

matthes73

December 29, 2017 07:15 pm

Coffee drinker

How can I tell if it's the brewing group...as I said the water/ coffee is running along the metal wall ...just can't see exactly where it's being squeezed out ...hose to the coffee distributor / nozzles is free...could blow through...Postl Haarris in the brewing group....?
With the docking piece the angle at the brewing unit is meant with ?

As I said it all started with the fact that the filling quantity became less and less...until nothing more came and everything landed in the collecting tray...

HWS

December 29, 2017 07:50 pm

Expert

If you let the drip tray out and press the contact with a small screwdriver to pretend that the drip tray is inside, you can see in operation, with a flashlight, where the water is leaking out. Light up the front with the lamp. But it will be the Brueh Group's fault. - Docking piece is the piece where the inlet nozzle enters during pressing.

HWS

matthes73

December 30, 2017 04:36 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello HWS....I followed your advice and got myself a brand-new brewing unit via classified ads...about the same error ...now I am at the end with my knowledge...
It is possible to change the sealing ring of the ceramic valve without removing the VT...because I have the feeling that there also what runs.......dimensions of the seal is outside 12 mm inside approx. 6 -6.5 mm....
Possibly I have exchanged hoses...
The ceramic valve and the brewing unit are then not the source of error ...what remains over there...

Attached Image

matthes73

December 30, 2017 09:02 pm

Coffee drinker

Update : The machine is tight again...for now...I don't know if I have the right gasket..but it works first...everything has been disassembled and reassembled again...the gasket has expanded because the ceramic valve wasn't screwed tight enough on the mount...but it would be nice if somebody could tell me ...which gasket is needed for the ceramic valve from my 2nd post...the ceramic valve is identical to the one from the EQ6 except for the electrical connections...the ceramic valve is identical to the one from the EQ6...

matthes73

January 03, 2018 03:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Update ...cause of error was already as described by me the seal (O-ring) at the ceramic valve to the brewing unit.......machine runs again as on the first day...

HWS

January 03, 2018 09:32 pm

Expert

Thank you very much for the feedback! Forgive me, because I showed you the BE as a source of errors. But now you will have long time rest from problems with the device.

HWS

Seite 12