Advanced search

ECAM 23.420 SB (Need help, machine defective)

Need help, machine defective

Gast_Florian

February 07, 2019 01:55 am

Unregistered

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem with my 2 year old ECAM. When she is brewing coffee, she grinds beans for approx. 2 seconds, then the message "Fill bean hopper" appears. There's no coffee.

Two clues:

1.- The preparation of pre-ground coffee works.
2.- Before the error occurred, the brewing group control switch was broken. The pomace was no longer ejected properly from the brewing group. Only when the described error came, I noticed that. So I replaced the switch. The brewing group now behaves correctly again, but the error with the bean hopper remains.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks and greetings
Florian

eisbein

February 07, 2019 08:20 am

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 33555

If the grinding mechanism has already been dismantled, does the grinding mechanism draw in beans in the 2 seconds?

Gast_Florian

February 07, 2019 07:08 pm

Unregistered

I dismantled the grinder and it grinds beans without any problems. In test mode and also in the 2 seconds before the error message appears. I therefore assumed that it was not necessarily due to the grinder.

The topic I have already found in many forums, but unfortunately never a final solution huh.gif

>I am grateful for any hint.

Steinhaeger666

February 07, 2019 07:41 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 25101

Hello,

What do you mean with the switch of the brewing group guidance????
That the marc is removed properly from the brewing group, is actually the ejection lever at the brewing group responsible
br>Comes the error message "bean container fill" immediately after the "2 seconds work" of the painting or does the brewing group before still move?

Gast_Florian

February 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Unregistered

I mean the switch that moves the brewing group lever in the first place. This is located on the housing:

https://komtra.de/delonghi-ersatzteile/delonghi-ersatzteile/fuehrung-bruehgruppe-delonghi-ecam-etam.html

> Beans are ground for approx. 2 seconds. Then the grinder stops, the display reads "Please wait" and then the mentioned error message appears.

eisbein

February 08, 2019 09:17 am

Coffee lover

is just such a stupid thought, if you have exchanged the "switch", theoretically you should have completely disassembled the machine, i.e. have disassembled the two halves, and have completed the electronics, maybe you have infected something wrong with the electronics ?????,

Gast_Florian

February 08, 2019 03:51 pm

Unregistered

I have not written that the error occurred after the repair. The switch was faulty before the error occurred. The repair took place later.

The machine was not disassembled when the error occurred. Does the electronics determine whether there are still beans in the drawer from the resistance of the grinding mechanism during grinding? Then it can only be the grinder itself, can it?

eisbein

February 08, 2019 04:39 pm

Coffee lover

or in electronics.

Steinhaeger666

February 08, 2019 06:40 pm

Advanced

QUOTE (Gast_Florian @ Thursday, 07. February 2019) February 2019, 21:41)
I mean the switch that moves the brewing group lever in the first place. This is located on the housing:

https://komtra.de/delonghi-ersatzteile/delonghi-ersatzteile/fuehrung-bruehgruppe-delonghi-ecam-etam.html

> Beans are ground for approx. 2 seconds. Then the grinder stops, the display reads "Please wait" and then the mentioned error message appears.

That is, after the grinder has stopped and the display reads "please wait", the brewing group does not move to the brewing position - correct?
And then the message "Fill bean container" appears?

I would also tap the motherboard.
Or the microswitch on the brewing head is possibly there.

Normally the brewing group drives to the brewing head in brewing position after grinding.
If there is no coffee powder in the brewing group, the electronics register it because the microswitch on the brewing head is not pressed. Then comes said message.

Functioning's with ground coffee?

Steinhaeger666

February 08, 2019 06:41 pm

Advanced

I withdraw the last question, you said at the very beginning.
Then it can't be the microswitch.
Then electronics.

Steinhaeger666

February 08, 2019 06:47 pm

Advanced

The error will not be due to the grinder.

What actually happened to the tabs in the brewing group before, i.e. when the so-called "switch" was still defective? Have they collected more and more in the brewing group and it was always new coffee grounds added?

Gast_Florian

February 09, 2019 12:20 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Steinhaeger666 @ Freitag, 08. February 2019) February 2019, 18:47 hrs)
The error will not be due to the grinder.

What actually happened to the tabs in the brewing group before, when the so-called "switch" was still defective? Did they gather more and more in the brewing group and more and more coffee grounds were added?

That's exactly how it was. Due to the defective switch, the pomace was no longer ejected and remained in the brewing head. What irritates me is that the grinder is only active for such a short time. Usually it has been ground as loose 2 or 3 times as long ...

eisbein

February 09, 2019 07:16 am

Coffee lover

you can still go around for weeks now, it's either the mill itself or the electronics, whereby i guess the electronics, because that wouldn't be the first time......i think the electronics cost about 40 euro..... the mill is much more expensive.

Gast_Alois

May 29, 2020 09:31 pm

Unregistered

Hello, I have the same problem, how did it turn out with you?

Gast_Alois

May 29, 2020 09:49 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Alois @ Friday, 29 May 2020, 21:31 hrs)
Hello, I have the same problem, how did it turn out with you?

in addition: I let the grinder run in test mode, it was not noticeable.

Seite 12