Advanced search

Caffeo CI - Too little coffee

JAMA1

November 10, 2015 08:27 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 27843

Hello,

For years I've been reading here in the forum. My machine Caffeo CI is good 5 years old and after 2 service repairs during the warranty still quite well with approx. 3500 withdrawals thereby.

Leider I have noticed since approx. one week with the expenditure too little coffee in the cup. So the appliance and the brewing unit were cleaned and tried out again. Unfortunately without success.

The water runs into the drip tray!

Statt 120 ml at the crema comes only about 90 ml. After reading here in the forum I'm still not really further.

Had any of you already had such an error? Is that perhaps a valve to blame?

I'll be happy to help.

>Beauty greetings

Janosch

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 11, 2015 11:28 am

Expert

Member No.: 22501

This may be due to the drainage valve, the brewing unit or the microswitches for controlling the drive.

If you can, just try another brewing unit... then you would be one step further...

JAMA1

November 11, 2015 01:57 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello Martin,

Since I still have a brewing unit from then, I have tried it now.
Unfortunately there is no improvement or what else occurred. Maybe I still have to check the sieve and the microswitches or have them repaired at Melitta for about 140 Euro.

What do you think?

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22501

The microswitches are in the actuator... if the drainage valve is replaced, the actuator has to be removed anyway... then it is a good idea to replace them at the same time.

This repair is also feasible for someone with manual skills, I would like to classify it as moderately difficult, so enough concentration and 2 hours time should be already.

Parts are available e.g. at BND-Kaffeestudio or Komtra.de

JAMA1

November 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello Martin,
thank you for the clues. Now I took a photo and a video of the brewing process.
After the start water drips from area 1. It seems that it starts above the hose and runs down over the container.
When brewing is a visible water leak in area 3. It drips almost all the time. At the end of the process, a lot of water also escapes from the area 2.

Has now before to take the machine apart and get to the bottom of the thing.

>video link:

Janosch
Attached Image

JAMA1   

November 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Coffee drinker

Yesterday was the day.
The drainage valve has been replaced.
Now about 150 ml of coffee is added to the cup.
Directly after the assembly a message "Refill coffee beans"
Thought first that a cable is not connected. So, open the lid again, check again, nothing found. Then I just set the settings to factory defaults and it worked again.
Many thanks for the hints.

Janosch

Gast_Florian   

March 10, 2021 11:17 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for this helpful post!

Last week, we had with our 3.5 years and just under 3000 covers old Caffeo also the problem that either too little liquid (coffee) landed in the glass or sometimes not even a single drop! After dismantling the privacy screen on the drip tray, I could observe the same as Janosch shows in his video.

So ordered drain valve from Komtra.de and installed following their instruction videos:

1. open the housing

2. remove the drain valve

After turning it back on, the machine ground once on the first coffee draw, then aborted and displayed "refill beans". Again, Janosch's tip about the factory condition was very helpful!

Enjoy your coffee!

Gast_Fred

April 11, 2021 09:06 am

Unregistered

Hello, since I cleaned my CI, the same problem. Surprisingly, however, only with coffee. With hot water the problem does not occur....?

Gast_Peter

March 23, 2022 06:34 pm

Unregistered

Hi all
,would have exactly the same problem and could locate it with these posts to fix.
Thank you for this, especially for the video!
I still have the defective valve compared with the new
The difference was that the left side of the defective one let air through and the new one did not. So you can make sure if it is the valve.
VGPete
r