Advanced search

EQ7 instantaneous water heater

bajek

June 11, 2015 01:01 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 27151

Hello,

I wanted to know if you could install the instantaneous water heater of the EQ7 Plus or the EQ8, i.e. the V2 version, in the normal EQ7 L-Series.

bajek

June 11, 2015 11:00 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 27151

So I dismantled the instantaneous water heater and noticed that a small fuse fell out at the right switch which I marked with an arrow on the photo.

This should normally not fly out or?

Furthermore I have seen that the other two controllers have a solder insert. This is not present in the backup. So this is thus melted right?

Attached Image

HWS

June 30, 2015 05:30 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Good evening,

if the thermal fuse flies out, then the electronics no longer regulate properly. Could be that the triac on the power board is short-circuited. I've had it before.

Greeting HWS

GlobalPlayer

July 30, 2015 07:58 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 24478

Hi Bajek,
the fuse is not blown out either.
The pin and a small spiral spring (which is probably under your sofa now) are loosely under the ceramic - so always pay attention to them when removing them smile.gif
If the temperature of the heating rises above the trigger temperature of the fuse, the spring pushes the pin upwards through the fusible link and interrupts the contact.
If you can't find the spring you need a new fuse.
Here the data:
trip temperature is 206°C,
manufacturer is "Inter Control" and is called as single product "Minimelt"
Buerklin.en under art.no. 30G4420.

The other two elements on the rail are not fuses but thermostats by the way.

Greß, Alex

September 28, 2020 05:22 pm

Unregistered

really now connect the 2 blue and good is the use of not such a nonsense is only money-making is only mass at plus is something else but at minus can connect the 2 blue has no effect on electronics

Tanner

October 08, 2020 08:50 pm

Unregistered

The fuse is one-time use fuse. It is connected with a soldering, when the current is above the limit, it melts and it is never reset. So dont try to find a spring etc.

I have found this thermostat-thermal link combination but I dint how to buy just one or two sad.gif

Here is the link of the product duomelt plus

https://www.intercontrol.de/en/control-technology/products/fixed-set-point/product-combination/161-441-duomelt-plus/

If you know how to buy or get it please let me know...

GlobalPlayer

November 19, 2021 06:49 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 24478

Sorry, I have to correct myself, Tanner is right. There is indeed no coil spring under the fusible link.
The contact springs act from above on the fusible link and push the pin through the fusible link when it softens due to overheating.
But the result is the same wink.gif

Arto

June 23, 2022 08:24 pm

Unregistered

Same problem. Bought pump, fried fuse... bad luck... Anyways... You can see a small ball on the image sticking to the rod. My bet that is a solder. If I solder it back to the butt of that rod, it will make contact. When it reaches 200c, solder will melt and rod will be pushed back as solder gets soft. That is how Im about to fix that thing. Well at least until I get new fuse.

December 26, 2022 01:47 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest @ Monday, 28 September 2020, 17:22)
really now connect the 2 blue and good is di ebrauchst not such a bullshit is just money making is only mass at plus is something else but at minus can connect the 2 blue has no effect on electronics

[B][/B] Here you see again that here also very many hobby electricians add their mustard.
Safety devices should absolutely not be bridged! The consequences are not calculable, in the present case the fully automatic machine is connected via a Schuko plug. Since this can also be plugged in two positions, it cannot be ensured that on the N conductor in the device also the N is present. In the worst case, the phase (L conductor or the live conductor) can also be present on the device N! This means that voltage is present on the heater when it is switched off. Since the flow heater in the device also times defective and a so-called body short circuit can occur (voltage on the housing of the DHE), this can uncontrollably heat up the device although the machine is switched off (the KV is also switched off only single-pole)! Since the DHE is made of aluminum cast, there is in such a manipulated device, the danger of a fire, since the temperature fuse was bridged yes. A Fi which is prescribed for years, but is still not present in every household, should trigger in the aforementioned case!
The vorhandenensein of safety devices has nothing to do with money-making
!