Advanced search

Siemens EQ 500 - Question about cleaning intervals

Gast_Tom

December 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Unregistered

Hello Community,

I own a Siemens EQ.500 classic TP503D04 fully automatic coffee machine.

I bought this machine new in October this year and have now been using it for about 6 weeks.

I estimate I have had about 90 drinks to date.

Now to my question:

So far, the machine has not prompted me to run a cleaning program for the brew group. According to the instructions, the machine should do this at regular intervals.

To me, this period of time now seems relatively long without running a cleaning program.

Can you tell me if this is normal?

Is it possible to read the number of drinks already consumed on this device via the menu?

Thank you for your help.

Best regardsThomas

Gast_Det

December 13, 2021 11:15 am

Unregistered

Hello,

Every 2-3 weeks or after 40-50 uses, the automatic cleaning program should be run to remove coffee grease/oils. Cleaning tablets are available for this purpose, they do not necessarily have to be those from the manufacturer, good and inexpensive care products are offered by the ceragol brand.

Descaling depends on the water hardness, with soft water it may well be that only every 6 months must be descaled.

Regarding coffee withdrawals read out, try it with it:

"Off" and "Start" pressed when switching on AND (this is the trick) previously selector switch to "Rinse" - the service menu appears.

tomhome

December 13, 2021 06:08 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 47697

Hello and thank you for your answer.

So theoretically the machine should have already prompted me to start the cleaning program. I sent a query to Siemens support yesterday and am still waiting for a reply.

I'm a little unsure about your reference to reading out the covers, as I don't have a "rinse" selector switch on my machine, or am I missing something here?

Best regardsThomas