Advanced search

Melitta Caffeo Barista TS

Brewing group cannot be used

Gast_Kaffeejunkie

May 27, 2017 11:35 am

Unregistered

Hi to you, maybe you can help me...

... I cleaned my coffee machine Melitta Coffee Barista TS and took out the brewing group as usual. But now it can no longer be used. It doesn't go all the way in and can't be locked anymore. This is why the machine then constantly displays the error "brewing group missing".

The drive appears to be in the correct position, initialized with the ON/OFF button and MY Coffee button. Everything also seems to be in the right place at the brewing group itself. The machine is only 3 years old. I'm at my wits' end - do you know a solution?

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

EA6930

May 27, 2017 01:32 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 17238

Hello,
the handle is now in stop left?
Then you look right of the handle into a "hole" which engages the drive on the other side.
At the edge of the hole you will see a small dot.
This dot must be exactly horizontal on the right (3 o'clock).

If now still the coffee inlet points more or less almost vertically upwards, then your brewing group has the installation position and must fit loosely into it.

Provided the drive is in the basic position, which is the case as you say...

Pictures of this can be seen with all known spare part Fritzen / brewing group

May 27, 2017 02:27 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for your help coffee drinker - the dot was not on three o'clock but on three quarters. Then I tried out a little while where I dropped out a chunk of firmly pressed coffee grounds. Now she's going back in without a problem. Thanks thanks thanks!

Gast_Matthias

August 05, 2018 01:30 pm

Unregistered

Maybe it helps somebody:

For my TSP, model F78-100, the brewing group has been very difficult to use for some time now. Resetting the drive as described in Melitta FAQ with power on and pressing "My coffee" + ON/OFF switch for 2sec resulted in system error 8.

>The correct way for this model is described here:
/forums/...showtopic=15047

Success was first achieved by removing the cover at the drive wheel, cleaning the area behind it (apparently worth it anyway...) and then carefully applying silicone spray to the drive gear wheel and the corresponding area of the brewing group. Inside I applied it by "spray on rags", into the recess of the brewing group with the spray straw.

Gast_Paul

April 15, 2019 09:29 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the tip Matthias!
I had the same problem with the model F78-100 as well. I initialized several times without success and followed your advice.
I also removed the small fairing on the drive wheel and with a wooden shashlik skewer removed the corresponding amount of clumped pomace. Then I carefully lubricated the drive wheel and the counterpart in the brewing unit with some water tap grease, then I could use the brewing unit without any problems.
Now everything is working fine again!

Gast_Richard

April 28, 2019 10:48 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest @ Saturday, May 27, 2017, 14:27)
Thanks for your help coffee drinker - the dot was not on three o'clock but on three quarters. Then I tried out a little while where I dropped out a chunk of firmly pressed coffee grounds. Now she's going back in without a problem. Thank you thank you thank you!

Hello !I
have exactly the same problem with my Melitta Barista
TS as you do.

You write that you fumbled around a bit and drove out a piece of pressed coffee. Tell me what exactly did you do? The dot's on me, too, exactly three o'clock. So something else is the problem. It is difficult to put the brewing group back in again after cleaning and the bar can only be moved ten times.

With the

first coffee there is also a loud crackgereusch and then the machine runs until the next

cleaning.

Please give us a hint so that the machine can function normally again. Mei is also like your three

years old.

MfG:

Richard

Gast_Carmen

August 13, 2019 06:45 pm

Unregistered

We just had the same problem and we spent ages tinkering and trying out different key combinations. You will not believe what helped in the end - cooking oil. A little on a cloth and then the wheel and the recording wiped and flubb - went without a hitch to put on. Crazy. huh.gif

Hupsy

October 03, 2019 10:29 am

Unregistered

That's exactly how we did it. No key combination brought any change. Now try the tip with the cooking oil and slip - inside the thing. However, also with us then the loud firecracker with the first again switch on. But we're used to that by now.

Altenburgkoenig

October 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Unregistered

today seems to be coffee machine cleaning day.

Automat completely cleaned, also the flap behind the brewing unit opened and the whole sump washed out of water and coffee powder. When the brewing group starts, the resistance suddenly appears. Oil on top and everything goes as planned

Gast_Erich

November 09, 2019 05:30 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Carmen @ Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 18:45)
We just had the same problem and we spent ages tinkering and trying out different key combinations. You will not believe what helped in the end - cooking oil. A little on a cloth and then the wheel and the recording wiped and flubb - went without a hitch to put on. Crazy. huh.gif

Great tip with the cooking oil.

Gast_Monika

November 11, 2019 01:43 pm

Unregistered

The best tip ever, the one with the cooking oil.

After an hour of futile effort, I sit there with a freshly brewed cup of coffee.

Have given oil to the wheel of the brewing unit and to various other places and it works!

Gast_Rocky

November 12, 2019 01:15 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the tip! I took cheap sunflower cooking oil. It's still cracking. Where can I still use oil at the brewing unit? How do I get to the steering wheel on my Melitta Barista TS, i.e. behind the steering wheel, to remove coffee residues there? It would be nice if someone could help me.
In any case a nice day with coffee enjoyment.

satan0

November 14, 2019 03:54 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 36106

Hello
,My brewing unit can
no longer be removed

The dot

sits on 2 o'clock.

How can I

correct