Advanced search

Delonghi Ecam 23.210.W - what is the problem?

Koly007   

January 03, 2020 12:00 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 36818

Hello smile.gif

We got an older machine and it worked quite well for a while but lately it has been causing some problems.

The machine rinses normally when you switch it on, but when you want to lower the coffee, it grinds normally, but no coffee arrives.
If you rinse a few times afterwards and
press the button
again
, coffee suddenly comes back.
Today I disassembled the machine with the help of a Youtube instruction and saw how the brewing piston looks like and then I took out the brewing unit, disassembled and cleaned it. Since I unfortunately have no grease at home, I could only reassemble the brewing unit ungreased for the time being. (But there was almost no
fat left when I opened the
machine)When I turn the machine on again, it rinses properly with a continuous jet and also the
coffee making worked right away.

However, already after a coffee on the brewing unit there is a lot of dirt and I don't know if this

is

normal

? I have attached a photo
: In any case, the brewing unit requires quite a lot of force if you
want to move
it
up and down
with the lever
Maybe
one of you
can
help
me
? Thank you very much! LGMarkus

Attached Image

Koly007

January 03, 2020 12:03 am

Coffee drinker

Addition:

When disassembling the brewing unit a small rubber part fell out somewhere and I don't know exactly where it belongs. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attached Image

Steinhaeger666

January 04, 2020 09:49 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 25101

Hi,

The reason why a lot of force is needed to move the brewing unit is that the sealing rings and the contact surfaces on the brewing piston are not greased.

I think you've got a pretty rough adjustment for your coffee grounds. I suspect that what is ejected from the brewing group after the brewing process is not a firm pad but a coffee slush - right?

I would gradually fine-tune the grinding degree. The coffee pad should be ejected relatively firmly and "dry".
The rubber part belongs to the brewing group and is located at the stop (end point) of the ejector lever.

Koly007

January 07, 2020 11:55 pm

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (Steinhaeger666 @ Saturday, 04 January 2020, 20:49 h)
Hi,

The reason why a lot of force is needed to move the brewing unit is that the sealing rings and the contact surfaces on the brewing piston are not greased.

I think you've got a pretty rough adjustment for your coffee grounds. I suspect that what is ejected from the brewing group after the brewing process is not a firm pad but a coffee slush - right?

I would gradually fine-tune the grinding degree. The coffee pad should be ejected relatively firmly and "dry".
The rubber part belongs to the brewing group and is located at the stop (end point) of the ejector lever.

Okay, I have already ordered a set of O-rings and grease and will disassemble and clean everything and replace the O-rings afterwards. But now I can't even flush. There's no more water coming in. Here is a video: https:
//streamable.com/rp76hDas

with the coffee grounds is correct. I have now set the grinder to level 3. I feel like if I go even finer the mistake has come even more often and the machine has not
worked.
I have already found the rubber part, thanks!

Steinhaeger666

January 09, 2020 09:11 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 25101

What water hardness do you have with you?
Did you only disassemble and clean the brewing group or also the upper
brewing piston? Does

hot water come out of the steam/hot water nozzle when you select it or does the machine

also stop the process?
Somewhere in the machine something seems to be clogged or calcified

When was the last time you decalcified?

Koly007

January 10, 2020 11:51 pm

Coffee drinker

What water hardness do you have with you?
Did you only disassemble and clean the brewing group or also the upper brewing piston?
Does hot water come out of the steam/hot water nozzle when you select it or does the machine also stop the process?

Somewhere in the machine something seems to be clogged or calcified.
When was the last time you decalcified?

Water hardness: 10.2 - 10.7

I have now completely disassembled and cleaned the brewing unit and the upper brewing piston and fitted new O-rings. Now everything works again, but after only 2 coffees there is already some water in the grounds container and after that I ran out of coffee. Get some more coffee tomorrow and then I can continue testing.

The grounds container should actually only be a little bit damp or?

I decalcified a month ago with the Delonghi Descaler. Tomorrow I will descale again with Eilfix Descaler.