Caffeo Solo blocked after cleaning program

Machine is clogged after cleaning

Chetto

March 14, 2015 11:48 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 26603

Hello all together!

My Caffeo Solo is about 5 years old. After 2 years (coincidence?) the brewing unit was blocked again and again and I simply put it into detergent for a while as recommended by the customer service and then it worked again.

Now it was time again and this time it took a little longer until it worked again. Then I immediately started the integrated cleaning program which also ran completely through. Afterwards, as always, a coffee cover to rinse - and behold, nothing comes out of the front. The machine breaks down and a few drops come out the front, the rest ends up in the container.

After I had finished with my Latin I called the customer service: Repair necessary. So sent in, a few days later everything worked again: machine was allegedly calcified. So I cleaned it and replaced the pump.

Now I decalcified it well again and ran the integrated cleaning program through again, so that this does not happen to me any more. Result: The cleaning program runs through completely, then the purchase fails again. So the same again?! I don't want to spend more than 100 Euro every 2 weeks now...

After the calcification program is running normally, I assume that the pump is as good as before. It is also continuous from the brewing group to the outlet. Somehow it seems to me as if something in the brew group is loosened by the cleaning, which then also clog it immediately. Any ideas exactly what's going on here? Thanks in advance.
--
Sorry, should have been in the maintenance area.

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

March 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22501

That sounds more like a dirty flowmeter to me.

Do you have an error message from the appliance after the coffee brewing process has been interrupted...? Fill beans or fill systems or something...?

Chetto

March 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the quick reply.

The first time I can't remember, but I don't think so. Now the bean symbols run through (=system error), then the machine switches off.

But the flowmeter is located directly after the water tank. You can hear the pump work, and water sucks it in.

Chetto

March 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Coffee drinker

So in my opinion the machine builds up pressure: when I switch on the brewing group moves into position. Then the pump starts running and pushes the water into the brewing group. This inflates a little and very little water leaks out. Then it switches off the pump and the bean symbols run through. At the same time the water comes out at the bottom (drainage valve opens?). Then the machine switches off.

When I switch it on again the brewing group is driven back and the water runs through inside. Then the machine is ready. If I want to make coffee now grinds it and pumps it again until it stops again.

What irritates me is that this error always occurs exactly after the cleaning program?!

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

March 14, 2015 01:04 pm

Expert

System error would be a continuous flashing of all control buttons, if only bean symbols are flashing then "bean filling"

The error may have to do with cleaning the device, but only if the symbol "system filling" would always appear.

As you only have the beans flashing, I assume that either the microswitch for monitoring the filling quantity of the brewing unit is defective or something is wrong with the flag on the brewing unit that triggers this microswitch.

rudi-03

March 14, 2015 02:03 pm

Expert

Member No.: 17460

Hello,

If you write that the cleaning and decalcifying programs are running perfectly, then you can exclude a blockage within the water/coffee cycle (the Solo has only one).
Accordingly, the points mentioned by Martin come into question, possibly even the grinder itself. Either the degree of grinding is too fine and/or the quantity of powder may not be sufficient.

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

Chetto

March 14, 2015 02:08 pm

Coffee drinker

Um, sorry... what exactly is meant by operator keys? The machine only has the following symbols:

• On/Off/li>
  • 3x beans
  • Decalcifying
  • Cleaning
  • Water filter

-> the control buttons themselves have no symbol in the display. The bean symbols run through: left-middle-right. I would have interpreted that as a system failure. In addition, the machine switches itself off automatically afterwards, which it does not do if the beans are missing. (don't all bean symbols blink at the same time?)

By the way a few drops come out in front. After the automatic shutdown of the machine the pressure was reduced after some time (at least it sounded like it) and then some more coffee came out at the front.

Could this be related to this pre-brewing function where water is pumped into the filter cake first and only then the valve for the actual coffee is opened?

Chetto

March 14, 2015 02:10 pm

Coffee drinker

@Rudi-03: No, only the descaling program is running. Not the cleaning program. When descaling, nothing comes out at the front, everything runs inside the drip tray. So I'm guessing rather a blockage in/after the brewing unit or is there not another valve there for pre-brewing?

rudi-03

March 14, 2015 02:41 pm

Expert

Cleaning program runs completely through
After the encalcification program is running normally

I can only give tips based on the statements made. wink.gif
Then the crema valve or brewing sieve may be blocked. Dismantle brewing group and clean properly.

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

Chetto

March 14, 2015 02:57 pm

Coffee drinker

Sure. For safety's sake, sorted chronologically again:
- Machine works
- Cleaning program runs through
- After that no more coffee comes out
- Descaling program still runs, only rinse, coffee dispensing and cleaning do not work any more

-> Machine sent to customer service for repair

- Machine works
- Cleaning program running through
- After that no more coffee comes out
- Decalcifying program still running, only rinsing, coffee dispensing and cleaning do not work anymore
-> may not have the machine repaired every 2 weeks now

This post has been edited by Chetto on March 14, 2015 03:51 pm

rudi-03

March 14, 2015 03:02 pm

Expert

>>Do you possibly want to switch on the flush?
The cleaning program is something else.

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

March 14, 2015 03:11 pm

Expert

In any case, the error sounds strange, it is correct that the device should not simply switch itself off after blinking on "beans fill".

For selsame errors of this kind, as far as I know an error in the drive control is a good possibility, this can cause multiple errors, from overheating, to fill beans to anything else.

..The other sources of error such as filling beans or filling the system would not trigger an automatic shutdown on their own.

The drive control is also quite easy to overhaul if you are skilled.

rudi-03

March 14, 2015 03:29 pm

Expert

@Martin:

Beans flashing: Too few beans
Beans Running light: System error

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

Chetto

March 14, 2015 03:52 pm

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (rudi-03 @ Saturday, 14. March 2015)March 2015, 14:02 hrs)

> If you have a problem with the switch-on flush?
The cleaning program is something else.

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

March 14, 2015 03:58 pm

Expert

Okay. Then system error

My idea is to overhaul the drive control, 2 New microswitches in the drive and lightly grease the cam disc on the entire circumference.

Seite 12