Advanced search

Krups EA8808 grinds too short

Martini

December 27, 2022 02:46 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 61848

After the Krups lost some water, I had - inspired by forum posts - replaced the two sealing rings on the brewing piston. The whole thing actually ran smoothly thanks to the good instructions. Then made a coffee to test - perfect.
Later, I wanted to make myself another coffee and already noticed that the grinding process takes shorter than usual. The coffee was very thin. In the collection container were not as usual the pressed "slices", but only individual remnants.
I then opened the machine again, removed the brewing piston again, cleaned everything and reassembled it. But that brought nothing.
There is no way (at least not in the default menu) to change the grind.

It would be very nice if someone has a tip for me.
Velen thanks in advance and many greetingsMartin

kaffeechris

December 27, 2022 10:06 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, perhaps this helps further
: Empty bean hopper, coffee reference at least 10 times, even if the KVA tells you refill beans. Could be that everything has to re-set.
MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Martini

December 31, 2022 02:15 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 61848

Hello Chris,

thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, I could not solve the problem with it. It seems that this KVA has no sensor for coffee bean level at all. However, it ran into the autotest function more often during these attempts and this then more often in succession. In between also came the error code 7, which if I researched correctly, indicates "system clogged, ejector blocked, brew head jammed". After that, I ran the cleaning cycle several times with a cleaning tablet. But all this did not bring the hoped for result. The grinding process is still too short (about 3-4 seconds). In the collection container then also no pressed "tablets" arrive, but loose chunks.

I would still like to try more tips!

Thanks again, many greetings and a happy new year!
Martin

Yildiz

October 17, 2023 05:53 pm

Unregistered

Same problem here!