Advanced search

Claris Smart refill cartridges

Maybe there's a way

Danceman

February 19, 2018 09:58 pm

Experienced

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 23992

With his statement that no human needs filters in KVAs, the discussion leads to nothing

If I use NEW filters in only 2 machines I would not allow myself a representative judgement about refill filters yet. Because just because I flew to Malle once, I'm not a pilot yet. Soon as we see it, it really leads nowhere. And to name "choked" "refill filters" in direct connection with "water quality" simply requires too much trust in God from my point of view...
And I doubt whether there are really so many lead pipes. The water utilities renewed it ages ago. In the 80s I dug enough water connections as a holiday job. They've already switched to plastic. Lead should be very rare even in houses nowadays...

Of course everybody may fill his filters with barbecue charcoal, cat litter and potting soil if he feels like it. Or simply reset the chip and save the change. Everyone as it satisfies his personal requirements. I don't have to drink the broth...
If I can understand "new filters" maybe even conditionally, then it just stops with me when refilling. It's about drinking water and not about insider tips about watering the garden. Maybe a reset of the chip will also completely disinfect, sterilize and fill the filter? But also go with a prayer. A prayer certainly always helps...
If I can't afford a new filter, then just leave it out! I can't drive Mustang and then hope that he drives with salad oil because the fuel is too expensive for me...
Sowa is more suitable for savers who surely also have enough ideas how to dry the marc and brew it again to save money. With the car nobody would come on the idea to tinker his oil filter even from a Cola can, old jeans and toilet paper to save a few euros. But when it comes to food, any strange idea seems to be right. That's why we also pack organic cucumbers in plastic foil...
Whether I as an aquarist know more about water quality than the rest? Well, my aquarium doesn't smell as dirty and unpleasant as these silly (refill) filters. The knowledge is enough for me to decide that the Schmodder is not good for me. But I actually know a little more about water than non aquarists. Who else looks at water analyses at the water supplier? Brings the hobby just so with itself...
I remain that such filters on Orientexpeditionen prima are, but in Germany are just as necessary as the well-known decalcifying tablets for washing machines...

But perhaps also sometimes think about why there are filters with chips at all. Namely exactly for the people who would rather reseten than change filters again and again as long as water still runs through, or who absolutely want to refill unhygenically. I think it's a good idea to prevent that kind of gross nonsense so far...

--------------------
Pessimist: Ganz schön dunkel hier...
Optimist: Ich seh ein Licht am Ende des Tunnels...
Realist: Mist, da kommt ein Zug...
Zugführer: Was machen die 3 Deppen auf den Gleisen?

Emmy.Boston

February 20, 2018 01:57 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 29350

@snowball @All

I didn't start this thread to start a discussion if "filters make sense or not". I simply wanted to use a refill system for these Jura devices as well. And I don't like to be prescribed by the manufacturer how to handle it.

My concern is not to know what and how the Aquis Claris module writes information on the chip of the cartridge.
My mental approach would be the following:

1. Make a copy of some unused chips
2. Place the copies close to the reader
3. Use normal blue Claris and place a new unused chip when changing.

>For me this raises the following questions:

a. Can I make a copy of the chip's data? It's also not that easy to get, I only found it at Alibaba
b. how many filters does the machine remember?

Tuxtom007

February 21, 2018 10:57 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 30680

QUOTE (snowball @ Sunday, February 18, 2018, 01:18 p.m.)February 2018, 01:18 a.m.)
Since our drinking water quality is getting worse rather than better, filters mMn do improve water quality.

Many mineral or table waters could consider themselves lucky if they approached the quality of tap water.
Such about the quality of German drinking water.

I agree, the filters are money thrown out and since I don't use them anymore, the coffee also tastes better.
In addition, you have to descale the machine regularly when using filters.

In my dealer's workshop I saw machines from the inside that were used with filters and not descaled. Can fully understand Kaffeepoint there.

--------------------
Jura Giga5 mit Wireless Milch-Kühler

Emmy.Boston   

February 22, 2018 10:54 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 29350

Hello,

I would like to ask you to come back to the actual topic...

It is "Claris Smart Cartridge refill" and not "water filters in fully automatic coffee machines make sense"

snowball

February 23, 2018 05:16 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 28178

QUOTE (Tuxtom007 @ Wednesday, February 21, 2018) (Tuxtom007 @ Wednesday, February 21, 2014)February 2018, 21:57 hrs)
Much about the quality of German drinking water.

mundi49

September 30, 2018 02:03 pm

Unregistered

Hello to Alle

Many posts can be found here, meaningful, well-meaning, technically demanding and many others.
All are wondering if it makes sense to refill a filter.
I had an Impressa S9 Avantgard. Therefore I bought a bucket of filter granulate and regularly replenished my filters with new granulate. That was good.

Now I have a Jura E8 with new Smart Filter and Chip. What?
After reading a lot of opinions, I came to the following decision:
Use granules!

>For all of you who want to do the same, I have the following instructions:

1. Used Jura Smart cartridge with a 10 mm hole at the top.
2. empty the old granulate and clean the filter cartridge so that it becomes hygienic.
3. fill in the new granulate and close the opening with silicone corks (I had from the S9). Important: fill approx. 4/5, the granulate expands on contact with water.
4. Insert cartridge into the tank.
5. Cut an aluminium foil to size and stick it over the water inlet of the Jura. Two small strips of Tesa foil are sufficient for fastening. Cut out the filling hole and put on the tank. Finished!

The aluminium foil interrupts the communication between the filter and the Jura. The message no longer appears: "Filter capacity is exhausted." The Jura starts with the setting without filter. That wass.

Important: Please clean the filter after emptying. Of course also the water tank, which is well served by frequent cleaning. Regular descaling is the order of the day. Please adjust the hardness of your water at the Jura correctly. You can find out the degree of hardness at Wasserwerk.
Test strips are not always reliable.

Disclaimer: If you want to use this procedure, you do so at your own risk. The liability on my part is excluded!

>At the end:
There are many different water qualities. Whether your water needs to be filtered for the Jura depends on many factors. Many meaningful contributions of my predecessors will provide many suggestions, interesting facts and experiences.

Maybe I could help with this mail.

Kaffeepoint

November 03, 2018 02:21 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

Why don't you just take a Claris Blue instead of the smart? They're compatible. Goes then also without aluminium foil and Tesa. Man, oh, man.

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

snowball

November 03, 2018 03:01 pm

Coffee lover

The hole was then drilled at the top and then at the side. Right from the top would be the white filter cap. I have headed my used filters to be able to empty the granulate quickly and easily, as well as to clean the inside and the filter cap. I also removed the chip, because under these always residual granulate collects.

The other question would be, how to measure the water flow through coffee, rinsing, cleaning. If one does it without technical means, then one must estimate if a regular and constant coffee purchase per day the change, or keep a tally ^^

Kaffeepoint

November 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

So what? But you won't get the idea to refill it after the first or third filter either. When it is time to buy a Claris Blue and is good's. UVP at Jura for both 13,99€.

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

snowball

November 19, 2018 06:10 pm

Coffee lover

In the long run it was of course clear that the filters had to be refilled themselves. Only I wanted to know first how it worked with the chip in the filter, if it already existed in addition. And during the warranty period, you don't just screw around with the machine. For technically not affine users this is not comprehensible anyway.

Refill & RFID deaktivierung

January 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Unregistered

RFID deaktivieren:

Refill:

snowball

January 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Coffee lover

As it has been written above by someone, you take the Claris Blue if you don't need the RFID chip or if you don't want to block the communication chip/transmitter with foil. Doesn't look like it. In addition, the chip is rather counterproductive when it is emptied, because there is always some residual granulate jamming underneath.

I don't find the refilling with the hole on the side so good. First of all you can't get the used granulate out, if necessary you have to rinse it out, on the other hand you can't clean the white cap which is put on the inside. The more often you refill it, the more it gets clogged.

Henrik

January 11, 2019 07:21 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for sharing the Refill & RFID deaktivierung!

Gast_Francis

June 07, 2019 10:48 am

Unregistered

Hi Guys,
I cracked the Jura chip thing customizing a Chamemeon-Mini rebooted chip simulator :-) Now I fill my cartridge myself (~0.5€ per refill) and the E8 tells we when I need to refill it again. And no need to "entkalken", regular cleaning with pills from Amazon (9;99€ the 120 pieces).

basti43

August 13, 2019 09:16 pm

Unregistered

I solved the problem without much technical effort
: Existing used filter cartridges were cut open cleanly at the top, an opening of about 30 mm was created, used granulate washed out cleanly, new granulate filled in, the hole at the top I close with a correspondingly large plastic plug, which sits tightly on the middle rod of the filter. Problem solved. Now comes the clou, the connection water tank to the machine must be neutralized. I achieved this by using an aluminium strip with a hole for the water passage. Now the machine no longer automatically displays the filter change, i.e. monitor it manually, but decalcification and the cleaning cycle are still
displayed.

Enjoy the saved filter cartridges

The Knobler of the service

12Seite 345