Advanced search

A strange question

anikabryk87

February 19, 2021 07:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 42931

A few weeks ago I moved into a cheap apartment in a very old (60 year old?) building. And I'm not high up, I'm near the first floor. That means that, as I quickly found out, regardless of how clean I am .... there's gonna be the occasional cockroach. I used to have a severe cockroach phobia, but conscription more or less solved that fear. I still really really hate them and have no qualms about killing them.

So I started a tactical war against it and made a number of changes to this place - to effectively seal off potential entry points, traps, lures and all. And I did a good job of eliminating them, as I haven't seen any in about a week.

Except for one.

In my coffee maker.

I knew I could never enjoy another cup of coffee from this machine. So I threw it away. It's fine, it wasn't that great and I had it for over 6 years.

Now the question is, what coffee maker can I get that won't become a haven for these little spawn of Satan? Because no matter what you do, you can't dry out the insides of a coffee maker after every use, there are just too many books and cracks hidden in its work and it's just impossible. It's like a giant container of food and water for those bugs. Same goes for toasters. Don't even get me started on toasters, my god.

So, what are my options? Or do I have to stop making coffee at home? I'm a coffee newbie, I don't know the different fancy methods and machines used to make it. I just bought my Mr. Coffee from Walmart and have been happy ever since. But now I need something more ... Sanitary ... Or simpler in design.

Thanks.

lexl19810

February 20, 2021 12:05 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 22645

Hello, these small measures things love moisture and heat and if they have something to freseen.
You would have to seal all the holes of the machine that nothing more can come from the outside into the machine, but that is very difficult.
In addition, the eggs in dead cockroaches can live up to a year until they hatch.
A good and cheap remedy against cockroaches is brake cleaner, came to believe but true kills them in seconds.

anna89

July 09, 2021 06:27 am

Unregistered

The information from you shared is vast knowledge and everyone should read to be more open-minded. I am very grateful for that. atari breakout