Problem with Nespresso Le Cube

fast flashing keys

Kaffee_JR

October 06, 2013 01:37 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 22000

Hello,
at my "Le Cube" the buttons for the small and large cup flash alternately back and forth after switching on. Does anyone know what that means?
Thanks and many greetings, Jörg

Kaffeeliebhaber

October 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 7777

Hello,

If it flashes regularly about twice per second then the machine wants to be decalcified. Do not use vinegar, it is best to use Crest Active or Swiss Lime Clean Descaler.

--------------------
Gruß
Kaffeeliebhaber

October 08, 2013 09:10 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the tip,
but how do I decalcify if the machine doesn't respond to anything?

Kaffeeliebhaber

October 09, 2013 08:41 am

Advanced

Hallo

May be that the control is stuck in the decalcification program.
Only staying power will help. smile.gif
Hold down both keys and turn them on after 10 seconds release keys then just leave them on for one hour or longer. Try the whole thing more often. Then disconnect from the mains for another hour.
At some point the flashing frequency is lower (machine heats up) and then both lamps stay on (standby).
This way I have revived a Citiz before, took 4 hours. You can disregard the lever which is not queried.

--------------------
Gruß
Kaffeeliebhaber

Gast_Sven

May 07, 2014 11:29 am

Unregistered

Hello,
I am only writing here because I had the same problem and wanted to tell you what was going on with me. Maybe it helps someone.

Symptoms:
Switching on, machine "warms up" so the power button flashes slowly for about 2-3 minutes. The two coffee buttons then flash quickly back and forth as described above. Nothing works anymore.

Diagnosis:
What I found very helpful was the hints from "Frahlingliebhaber" to press and hold both keys and then switch on the machine. After approx. 5 seconds, the machine allows water to run through for a further 5 seconds. So on the one hand (in an admittedly arduous mode) you could do a decalcification, but that wasn't my problem. On the other hand, what you can determine very well with it is whether the heating still works. So: Switch on once as normal and wait until the 2-3 minute "heating phase" is over and the keys flash alternately. Then switch off again, keep both keys pressed and switch on again. Wait until the water comes and check if it is cold or hot. I was cold. That means the heater's not working. Therefore, the coffee machine has also signalled an error (= alternating flashing), because after several minutes it "heat up" runs into a timeout and then gets "still cold" signaled by the sensor.
This can have two main causes: 1. The desoldering fuse on the thermoblock has melted through. 2. The switching relay is broken. Both can be checked with a multimeter when the machine is screwed on. This is somewhat difficult to achieve as Nespresso has kindly installed screws with special heads. A little pliers will help. Then it is best to screw in normal screws (the normal device screws for flush-mounted sockets of the electrical installation (3.2 x 15) work quite well here).
In my case it was the relay. If this is the case, the diagnosis can also be carried out more easily: Normally you can hear the relay switch clearly after switching on in the warm-up phase. I didn't hear anything more about me.

Therapy:
In my case: Replace relay. This is a bit hard to get part, but I bought another one from Conrad (of course it has to fit regarding voltage and current and should fit halfway) and soldered it in with wires, because it didn't fit directly on the PCB. After that everything went fine again :-).

All in all it took about 2 hours (without the time to get the relay, but including the whole troubleshooting) and left the good feeling of having repaired something instead of throwing it away. :-)

Hoffe this helps somebody,
Sven

P.S. If it was your desoldering fuse and not the relay, I would be careful with repairing it. This would mean that it has become too hot (it sits directly on the thermoblock). Since this can happen again at any time, I would first look for the cause for it (defective temperature sensor, etc.). Otherwise the device might really burn down...

Kaffeeliebhaber

May 09, 2014 01:39 pm

Advanced

Hello,
Well solved the problem smile.gif

I have a few comments to make:
The Citiz models and most other Nespresso machines don't have a relay anymore but a triac with which they control the heating.
When the heating coil is burnt out it also comes to this error pattern.

When the thermal fuses are triggered, the electronics also gets no more current and the LEDs can no longer display flashing signals.
I already had twice the picture that water was sprayed onto the circuit board due to a leak and then the heating was constantly controlled. Result the thermal fuses (167 degrees) and partly also the heating coil burned through.

If the LEDs flash irregularly you can also change the two MKS capacitors on the board. They form a capacitive voltage divider which forms the power supply. If the capacitors lose capacitance, the voltage changes and the electronics no longer works as they should.

--------------------
Gruß
Kaffeeliebhaber

Gast_Martin

August 11, 2014 01:29 pm

Unregistered

@ Guest Sven

I also have the problem with the relay that does not switch.

Can you tell me which relay is the right one from Conrad.at,
or what the coil voltage is,according to the board I measured 18 Volt,
can that be right?

Thank you

Gast_Stefan

October 22, 2014 09:17 am

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

I would also be grateful for hints which relay to buy from Conrad to fit into the Le Cube!

Many thanks,
Stefan

AlfredJPK55

March 09, 2015 09:11 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 26566

When the thermal fuses are tripped the electronics will not get current anymore and the LEDs will not be able to indicate flashing signals anymore.
I already had the picture twice that due to a leak AND which relay is the correct one from Conrad.at,
or what is the coil voltage, according to the board I measured 18 volts,,,,,,,,,,,,,

_________________________________________________________________________________________

We offer best quality learnalanguage - learn english test papers and dumps materials. You can learnalanguage - learn germanget our 100% guaranteed questions BBC's languages to help you in passing the real exam of Foreign Service Institute

MHD

May 30, 2015 02:03 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Stefan @ Wednesday, 22.October 2014, 09:17 hrs)
I would also be grateful for hints on which relay to buy from Conrad to fit into the Le Cube!

The question is a bit old, but for others there might be an answer. still helpful.

Original was in my Krups Nespresso Le Cube XN 5000 the subminiature relay Hongfa HF3FD-1/048-HS3F was installed.

I have used a Zettler AZ943-1CH-48DE as a replacement, but it is only Class B instead of F (only 70 °C instead of 85 °C max. ambient temperature in operation); it is a change-over switch, but the superfluous second contact can simply be bent before soldering.

The replacement relay is available at Conrad or Voelkner (cheaper shipping) for 1,80 € + shipping (May 2015).

When disassembling and assembling this Service Manual helped sufficiently well.

Steve06

August 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 29142

On my Delonghi Lecube, which is now at least 6 years old, the cup keys have now also started flashing quickly and alternately.

When I carry out a descaling process (both with the Nespresso descaler set and with the descaler of dm), by pressing both keys before switching on so that liquid is forced to pass through, the coffee preparation works for a short while immediately after the descaling process has been completed, d.h. the two cup buttons light up constantly.

After switching off I am back at the starting point.

Question:
Can it also be the relay for me? I've soldered before and I'd trust me to trade it. What about the service manual for opening the door, where to get the ?

Best greetings
Steve

February 28, 2018 01:57 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Frahlingliebhaber @ Wednesday, 09.October 2013, 08:41 hrs)
Hallo

May be that the control is stuck in the decalcification program.
Only staying power helps. smile.gif
Hold both keys down and turn them on after 10 seconds of releasing the keys, then simply leave them on for one hour or longer. Try the whole thing more often. Then disconnect from the mains for another hour.
At some point the flashing frequency is lower (machine heats up) and then both lamps stay on (standby).
This way I have revived a Citiz before, took 4 hours. You can disregard the lever which is not queried.

Thanks for the tip, worked wonderfully ! Machine is running again !

Liberty

October 13, 2018 10:27 am

Unregistered

Hello,
Same flashing problem, and I'm a pretty impatient person.

Gast_Boris

August 08, 2019 01:11 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (MHD @ Saturday, May 30, 2015, 14:03 hrs)
QUOTE (Guest_Stefan @ Wednesday, 22.October 2014, 09:17 Uhr)
I would also be grateful for hints on which relay to buy from Conrad to fit into the Le Cube!

The question is a bit old, but for others an answer may still be helpful.

The original subminiature relay Hongfa HF3FD-1/048-HS3F was installed in my Krups Nespresso Le Cube XN 5000.

I used a Zettler AZ943-1CH-48DE as a replacement, but it's only Class B instead of F (only 70 °C instead of 85 °C max. ambient temperature in operation); it's a change-over switch, but the redundant second contact can simply be bent over before soldering.

The replacement relay is available at Conrad or Voelkner (cheaper shipping) for 1,80 € + shipping (May 2015).

This service manual was of sufficient help during disassembly and assembly.

It's been a very, very long time, but...
Would this product also fit
(also at Contad)? -->

Finder 36.11.9.048.4011 Print Relay

48 V/DC 10 A 1Max.
Temperature
here is 85°Thanks
& GreetingsBoris

Xcoder

August 25, 2019 07:01 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Frahlingliebhaber @ Friday, 09. May 2014, 13:39 Uhr)
The

Citiz models and most of the other Nespresso machines don't have a relay anymore but a triac with which they control the heating.
If the heating coil is burnt out, this error pattern also occurs.

When the thermal fuses are tripped, the electronics also no longer receive power and the LEDs can no longer display flashing signals.
I had already twice the picture that by a leak water is sprayed on the circuit board and then the heating was constantly controlled. Result the thermal fuses (167 degrees) and partly also the heating coil burned through.

If the LEDs flash irregularly, you can also change the two MKS capacitors on the board. They form a capacitive voltage divider which forms the power supply. If the capacitors lose capacitance, the voltage changes and the electronics no longer works as they should.

smile.gif

QUOTA
If the LEDs flash irregularly, you can also change the two MKS capacitors on the board. They form a capacitive voltage divider which forms the power supply. If the capacitors lose capacitance, the voltage changes and the electronics no longer works as they should.

Did you remember which type the two MKS condensers had?

Greetings Xcoder

Seite 12