Impressa Z7 does not produce milk foam

pixidust   

May 07, 2013 10:23 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 20294

Hello together,

I am completely new here and have a question:
If I want to make a Latte Macchiato with my new Z7, then I proceed according to instructions, but: on my Latte floats only normal milk. No trace of foam blink.gif

Is there anything I should be aware of? I thought it wouldn't be a problem with such an expensive machine? unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

Aso whoever has tips..

LG

Pixidust

ristretto

May 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Experienced

Member No.: 4800

Hello,

would the milk frothing nozzle be correctly fitted together ?
Is the upper nipple correctly on it ?
How long is the machine in use and how often would the milk nozzle + milk suction system be cleaned with which cleaner?

--------------------
Kaffeevollautomaten:
Delonghi ESAM 3000B (2 Moante sehr zufreiden)
Saeco Talea Ring Plus (3 Monate UNzufreiden)
Jura ENA5 (1 Jahr super zufrieden)
Siemens EQ7 (8 Monate Anfangs toll dannach genervt 2 x zur Reparatur einmal neue BG ueber Support angefordert)
WMF 800 seit 1.12.09 Klasse
Siebträger
Bezzera BZ07 DE mit Bezzera BB005 Timer (Mühle) seit Mai 2011
Nespresso Krups XN 2720 für die Arbeit

Milchschaumschläger

April 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 30361

Since the TO is apparently deceased or converted to drinking tea, I will continue here because I have the same problem with my Impressa Z7 (bought 2012).

We prefer to drink cappuccino. During preparation a fine, but thin foam is formed, which soon disintegrates. What remains is a boring latte.

We use 3.5% UHT milk, which is always filled from the refrigerator into a small bowl and sucked in with a very short hose. An experiment with 1.5% a long time ago did not help me in my memory.

At the beginning I used the expensive cappuccino cleaner from Jura. But when it became clear to me that none of this would get into the device itself, but only the removable and dismountable "cappuccinatore" nozzle would be flushed through, I let that go. Since then I completely dismantle the part daily and clean all parts in rinse water with normal dishwashing detergent, using a pipe cleaner for the narrow ducts and a plastic dish brush for the fine channels of the selector wheel. It could be that this is not enough and I still need the expensive Jura broth ?

Decalcified I have so far with the also pig expensive Jura cartridges in the water tank. I recently switched this to household decalcifiers from the drugstore. (The foam problem has been going on for much longer, so it can't be.)

Before and at the beginning of foaming, the machine makes strange, sometimes almost frightening, sniffing steam noises while ejecting steam clouds, which has calmed down again by the time the milk foam actually flows out.