Krups EA9000 / EA9010 leaking water

Machine leaks lots of clear water

mhashm

April 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 43303

Hi all,

I took apart my machine a few weeks ago and cleaned and replaced all the gaskets inside the brew group as there was excessive water in the drip tray and leaking out of the machine, but it has not fixed my problem.

When I took the machine apart there was condensation along the back panel and on the inside of the top and also mould (!)

The machine seems to brew ok but leaks lots of clear water around it (it does not seem like the drip tray is over flowing, the water seems to be leaking from somewhere else).

I have checked all the connections around the water distributor and cleaned the flow meter. I also cleaned the condenser.

When I run a rinse cycle there is the sound of pressure buildup inside the pump which is then released. I cannot see where the water is leaking from but it seems there is excess steam and water left in the system after it has brewed which is then released and leaks towards the front and sides.

Any advice on what to check next? My suspicion is the pump / water distribution system is leaking from somewhere or not functioning / broken seal

MrLed

April 04, 2021 05:34 pm

Barista

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 31782

If the machine does not release the pressure properly, it is usually the condenser that is closed or the drain valve / water distributor.
I can't really think of anything else that could be.
Does the machine "pop" at the end of a brew?