Advanced search

Gaggia Platinium Vision

saeconutzer   

July 18, 2008 07:04 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 2489

I recently received my new Gaggia Platinium Vision.
Maybe another member has already had more experience with this device?

I decided to buy it because of the once again very successful, noble design.

I mainly buy the stainless steel front with chrome-plated elements, the rounded side parts, the electrically height-adjustable chrome-plated cup base, the beautiful coffee spout with aroma selector, ceramic grinder and touch display. The smaller touch screen display is perfect. Very good adjustable contrast range and huge large symbols. Incorrect operation excluded.

To name a few examples: Removable brewing group with 5-year or max. 50,000 cups guarantee, electrically height-adjustable cup stand, optional docking milk can, water tank integrated in the housing on the left, brewing group with collecting tray underneath on the right behind a swing door. The container is also hidden behind the door on the right side. There are now also bottom rollers instead of a turntable to move the machine. A cup lighting is missing despite the high price, but it is not absolutely necessary if one takes the rather yellowish inappropriate cup lighting of the Primea for comparison.

The design has not only advantages, but possibly also disadvantages.

Advantage: The annoying additional emptying of the water collecting bowl under the brewing group behind the right rear door as with the Primea is no longer necessary. Reason: The set container is removed together as a unit with an integrated drip tray. So you don't have to open two side doors anymore, which makes access easier at the front.

If I remove the insert to empty the set container, I also pour out the water at the same time, of course, which is why the additional message for emptying the water collection tray or the brewing group is no longer so decisive.

In the case of the Gaggia Titanium, access was completely from the front. So open the front door, empty the set container at the same time as the water collection tray, done. But the water tank in the back was much bigger. There still about 2.2 liters. Here maybe 1.6 to 1.8 liters in maximum.

Furthermore the new design requires more space on both sides and is hardly visible from the side depending on the location.

Thank God (I am not a milk coffee drinker) there is no integrated milk tank with the Gaggia Platinium. On the one hand, this makes the annoying request for cleaning in the event of incorrect operation (e.g. if no milk coffee is desired, no milk is pressed in the container but milk coffee is still pressed) superfluous. In addition, the integrated milk foaming is associated with considerable additional costs in the purchase price, which "normal" coffee drinkers will certainly not accept.

The absence of the milk tank not least makes the design slimmer and the menu much clearer overall.

The lid for the bean container is a loose version but with magnetic contact for indication via the display when off, i.e. not a hinged lid with switch as with Primea which always remains in place.

The grinding degree (as is now common with modern ceramic grinders) is unfortunately only adjustable in a few steps, which is cumbersome when the bean container is completely empty. It is also called grinder readjustment instead of grinder adjustment.
The result of the adjustment can only be seen after refilling the beans and purchasing some (approx.3-5) cups.

The cup footprint is no longer electrically adjustable directly at the cups, but via quasi-keys at the top right of the housing.

Nevertheless, Gaggia has once again succeeded in creating an optical cream piece, not least of all with the new colouring. While the Titanium came along rather angular (and unfortunately also clattering since all Tele are relatively loose on, - and plants), here by the curves and centrally arranged cup casserole as well as the far slimmer and more compact design than the Primea a real eye-catcher developed. The plastic inserts fit perfectly, like the water tank on the left and the removable cassette on the right. Unfortunately, the coffee spout is a little bit cuddly and shaky. Due to the electric height adjustment of the chrome-plated cup base, the coffee spout is fixed and made of plastic, so by far not of this massive caliber as with the Primea and relatives. The aroma selection control on it is also not so handy and outstanding but rather flat but useful.
A cup lighting is not there.

Now yes, the price is with 999, - € actually very/too high grasped, I got the Saeco Incanto Sirius for 850, - € and the Primea Touch Plus (new edition) as a new German version for 800, - € over a sales platform. Also the Talea is available for far less. Here the manufacturers know how to market top designs at top prices.

I have brewed the first cups. The first one was still obvious rinse water (but my mother liked the coffee) and the two tasted good to me too. But I was wondering where the first two coffee grounds were. After a subsequent check they should have been in the typesetting container. - nothing there. They were nowhere to be found, not even glued in the brewing group. - Interesting!

Now I noticed that the crema is very thin and hardly durable at the moment. The coffee is unfortunately not hot enough although the setting is set to maximum.

Whether the crema, as with my Sirius with the same bean variety, becomes similarly firm and durable remains to be seen. As long as I don't know how to get to the service menu, I can't approach fine adjustments.

Attached Image

--------------------
Gruß, Saeconutzer
---------------------------------------------

saeconutzer   

July 18, 2008 08:04 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 2489

why is the picture in my post so huge???????

excuse was not intentional. Maybe you can improve that a little.

--------------------
Gruß, Saeconutzer
---------------------------------------------

Hartmut

July 24, 2008 07:49 pm

Unregistered

The Presi is by far not justified, because only the tried and tested was taken up and packed in a new case.

There is no real innovation.

The case is unfortunately, except for the stainless steel front and cup support, completely made of plastic.

Not even the coffee spout is made of solid material but of plastic.

The price of 999,- € is very outrageous in view of this.

Who likes the design should therefore prefer the technically similar Saeco Touch. This is up to 300,- € cheaper to have.