Advanced search

Krups EA9000 error code 5

Gast_Bastian

June 22, 2020 03:11 pm

Unregistered

Hello, everyone,

I currently have a fully automatic coffee machine on my desk from my colleague. He gave me the machine with the note: It no longer works. biggrin.gif
It
turns out that this is error 5. Therefore I have now:- Replaced brewing group seals- Completely replaced water distributor- Replaced flowmeter.
After I had replaced the water distributor and the flowmeter, I was able to have a coffee and was very happy. However, after I attached the whole housing parts and wanted to pull the first LatteMachiatto I only got frothed
milk and malfunction 5th
I then disconnected the connection to the brewing unit / heater to see whether water is pumped at all.
But
this is
not the case.

In between I could force the machine into the cleaning program. There water was pumped in the first part (the part of the interval moderately pumped) then as the cleaning of the system instead of

again disturbance 5
.maybe someone has
an idea.
Best regards

haimik

June 28, 2020 08:17 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 36832

Is there another error besides error 5? Have repair attempts been carried out before, possibly hoses connected incorrectly or something?
Error 5 has to do with the water volume of the hydraulic system. It says that too much water must be pumped to move the hydraulics. This does not quite fit
together.

Or did you solve the problem in the meantime?

Gast_Bastian

July 02, 2020 04:44 pm

Unregistered

Meanwhile I have solved it myself.

Apparently the pump was still defective. After several times disassembling and checking the whole pipes if there is any blockage, the pump did not attract water anymore.
So I replaced it and since then it works.

Jazzy Joe

September 10, 2020 08:42 pm

Unregistered

In my case (on EA829), the underlying cause of Error 05 was the lever on the bottom of the vertical rising spindle that supports/pushes in the piston. The plastic lever pivot point was caked and the lever was not returning to the spring-powered push rod with the white knob, and the nearby switch was not switching.

You essentially need to disassemble the whole machine to do the repair.

Error 05 is usually described as a flow meter, pump or water distributor error, but none of these were the issue in my case.dry.gif