Advanced search

No coffee from philips Ep4051

Caro13neu

April 11, 2023 09:32 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 64736

Good evening,
I did my normal routine cleaning today including brew group. After restart wanted to bleed the system. I also did that. Afterwards, no more water came out of the coffee outlet during the system flush. When pulling coffee, the machine starts to get quieter and quieter and then breaks off, the brew group then makes a very loud noise. I hope someone can help me quickly.

kaffeechris

April 12, 2023 03:52 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, when the pump becomes quieter, it pumps against a resistance.
Think times that the brewing unit is clogged. Brewing sieve or crema valve are often the cause.

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Caro13neu

April 12, 2023 10:29 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello, thanks for the reply. Took the machine apart today. Coffee outlet cleaned, igitt (vorallem inside), valve checked, sieve brew group cleaned. Tried to descale. No coffee comes out, pump keeps going quiet, brew group goes into position and then pops back with pressure. Then the machine jumps into deaeration mode. Can the brew group be defective? But I have the feeling that the water does not reach the brew group.

MrLed

April 12, 2023 10:48 pm

Barista

Member No.: 31782

Hi Caro, what do you normally descale with?
I suspect that the boiler has become clogged with lime.

Caro13neu

April 13, 2023 12:17 am

Coffee drinker

Hello MrLed, I always descale with durgol, have aquaclean, but still descale in between. Should not, when the boiler clogged first little and then no more coffee come? Until yesterday, however, the coffee ran at full pressure. Hot water continues to run very quickly.

kaffeechris

April 14, 2023 05:01 pm

Expert

Surely this can also be related to the brewing unit.
Remove the crema valve that is under the brewing sieve. Then run through again.
If that does not help: I think the ceramic / multifunction valve does not work cleanly.
Is possibly the driver defective. For these valves, the distributor head is crucial, the other is only the plugs. So with a little skill can be modeln that around.

--------------------

Caro13neu

April 14, 2023 09:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the reply. Have tried today times another brew group. The machine then runs through without that it is quieter, also no longer wants to be vented, but coffee it still does not want to output, the water ends up in the drip tray. Einleuchten hissing is heard during preparation. Where can I find the ceramic / multifunction valve?

kaffeechris

April 16, 2023 08:02 pm

Expert

Hello, for this you need to open the coffee machine, instructions can be found on the WWW or in the large video portal.
But first remove the drip tray and bypass the microswitch for this. Cardboard strip or wooden skewer and see where the water comes from that flows in the drip tray.

--------------------

Molossus

April 20, 2023 10:08 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 65064

Hello, it seems that your coffee machine is having a problem with the water flow. It is possible that air was trapped in the system during the purge, which is preventing the water from flowing properly. Here are some steps you can take to solve the problem:

Check the machine's water tank and make sure it is filled with clean water. If the water level is low, the machine will not be able to work properly.

Try to purge the air from the machine again following the instructions in the user's manual.

If the machine continues to make a very loud noise and stop when making coffee, the brew group may be blocked. Try removing the brew group and cleaning it thoroughly. Make sure all parts are back in place before restarting the machine.

If none of these steps solve the problem, your coffee machine may have a more serious mechanical problem. In this case, it would be best to contact your manufacturer's service department for assistance.

Hopefully this will help you solve your problem.

Gast_Chris   

January 07, 2024 01:09 pm

Unregistered

Search online for the EP4051 service manual, there should be a download PDF button.