Advanced search

Melitta Caffeo CI

field report

Pear Harbour

December 03, 2010 09:17 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 10733

Hello everyone, I'd like to share my experiences with the new Melitta Caffeo CI (white), as I've found very little about this machine on the web myself.

It's my first fully automatic machine ever. I have swayed between the DeLonghi ECAM 23.450 and the Melitta Caffeo CI and then opted for the latter.

I am a coffee/espresso drinker and my wife only likes coffee/milk creations. Therefore and just for the sake of simplicity, I absolutely wanted a vending machine with a separate, removable milk carafe. Furthermore, the machine should be able to produce latte or cappuccino at the push of a button without any great effort. The Melitta Caffeo CI can do this and do the following.

Coffee selection at the touch of a button:
- Espresso
- Coffee Crema
- Cappuccino (first coffee then milk foam)
- Latte (first milk foam then coffee)
- Hot milk
- Hot water
- MyCoffee

- These 7 selection buttons are available.

MyCoffee function:
Four users can individualize the other 6 buttons mentioned above. I.e. for my cappuccino I can set the amount of coffee (in ml, max 220 ml), the coffee strength (4 levels), the amount of milk foam (in ml, max 220 ml) and the temperature (3 levels). The setting is saved and can then be called up at the touch of a button. Simply brilliant!!!! With Latte I can even additionally adjust the amount of milk (in ml, max 220 ml).

Milk foam:
The milk foam is really great (1,5 % milk)!!! ! With latte or cappuccino the foam is still in the glass or cup after drinking (i.e. after approx. 10 minutes) and can be spooned out. The only shortcoming here is that the milk froth doesn't get really hot. But the coffee is very hot adjustable. That's why I don't mind. I find it sensational that the machine actually distinguishes between cappuccino and latte. First fill in coffee and then milk or vice versa!

Crema:
The Melitta CI produces a beautiful crema (Cellini Creme Fino).

Milk container + maintenance:
The milk container (1 litre container) is connected to the combined coffee/milk spout via a milk hose and stands separately next to the fully automatic machine. After my cappuccino is ready, you can plug the hose out of the carafe and plug it into a designated opening of the drip tray (no great fiddling around necessary). The machine asks after each milk drink whether it should rinse, this can be confirmed by pressing a button, whereby the milk hose is now briefly rinsed with hot water, which is collected in the drip tray. And the hose is clean! Of course, you don't have to rinse it if you want to make more milk creations. The carafe fits perfectly in our fridge door. Further or more extensive rinsing programs are of course also available.

Two coffee bean chambers + powder chamber:
There are two chambers for coffee beans (135 g each). Very convenient for espresso beans (for me) and coffee crema beans (for my wife). The respective bean compartment can be selected with a lever. Powdered coffee (one cup) can also be added. The water tank has a capacity of 1.8 litres.

Other + facts:
- cups up to 14 cm high can fit underneath
- the grinding degree can also be adjusted in three stages
- the brewing group is easy to remove
- heating time at switch-on approx. 50 seconds
- relatively quiet grinder (you can talk normally next to it)
- very nice illumination of the coffee cup
- indirect heating plate for cups
- switch off time programmable (e.g. 22:15 hrs)
- Standby time programmable (e.g. in 30 min)
- mal2 button (e.g. cappuccino can be made for two cups at the same time)
- 2 years warranty or 7000 cups (max. per year) 3500 cups)
- Water container including water filter
- Cleaning tablet, replacement milk hose, descaler, water filter and cleaning agent are included free of charge

I have the machine only recently and will announce my further experiences (positive or negative) here. However, I can only recommend this machine so far

laschi

December 04, 2010 12:45 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 10696

Have the machine in the company and have them there also for demonstration at.

Find it good that they can also make milk drinks 2x times at once.

That can otherwise only the WMF 1000 with cappuccino as far as I know.

The with the 2 bean chamber system is such a thing, because you have only one grinder and have leftovers from the other beans. Our sales representative from Melitta says that it's not so great.

The brewing group is the same as the one from Jura...I see it as a positive point.

But also find it a bit loud. But with the cleaning of the milk system it is very well solved.

All in all it is a good machine at an affordable price of 829€.

lustaufkaffee

December 06, 2010 07:15 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 10552

Hello,
also recently got a Melitta CI (white). Before I had a Siemens eQ7 which was broken 2x (brand-new!)
What bothers me about the CI is that there is a (short ) waiting time between coffee preparation and milk foam preparation. The machine heats up again. Siemens did a better job. Now I go away and do something else again and then the coffee - when I come back - is ready.
The temperature of the milk and foam is very low, you have to set the amount of coffee higher.
One type of coffee was very strong - too strong compared to the old machine that made a milder coffee with the same beans. I had to change varieties.
The area for heating the cups is too small.
The machine looks good, is relatively (!) quiet and also not too expensive for the many functions. But in the shop you should be able to really try out how the coffee tastes and how loud it is. At home I felt it louder than in the (big) shop with all the noises.
bye- see you soon! smile.gif

Gast_Rudi   

April 15, 2011 08:05 am

Unregistered

Melitta Caffeo CI

I don't smell the coffee during preparation, it lacks the coffee aroma!
And it is independent of the coffee brand-what is it?

October 06, 2011 08:34 pm

Unregistered

@ guest rudi good question also a thick minus for residual amount of ground coffee beans in the grinder, that is, man gets to enjoy the coffee not freshly ground either

gaest   

November 14, 2011 11:34 am

Unregistered

We have had our Caffeo for about 3 months and are really very satisfied; with the coffee results, with the cleaning, etc... !
Everyone gets his individual coffee and our milk foam and the milk is as warm as it should be!
A very good all around coffee machine!

Olek89

November 22, 2011 07:53 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 14223

Guten Tag,

I am also interested in the melitta machine, but I would be interested in the longevity of the machine.
The machine has been on the market for a long time.
I only know that many people complain about fully automatic coffee machines from Jura, etc..
We currently only have a coffee throughput of max. 10 cups a day,
average rather less.
We especially care about the taste, especially, espresso, coffee normal, and latte machiatto.

would be happy if someone could advise me a little bit, and where you can buy these "cheaper" than in a department store :-)

MfG
Olek

Olek89

November 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 14223

Can nobody help me?

MFG
Olek

Gast_Gast

November 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Unregistered

Hi, we have the machine now exactly 1 year with similar throughput.

Out of decalcifying and cleaning we had no problems.

When it comes to milk froth, the machine is haunting at the beginning but we had otherwise with decalcifying again.

Sabrina

March 26, 2013 01:28 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I intend to buy the Melitta CI.

Can anyone tell me if this is programable?
speak on in the morning when I come into the kitchen....

Many thanks in advance for the replies.

kaffeemaschinen-kress

March 26, 2013 04:21 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 10378

If you want something sensible, buy the Nivona 830.

schafbock

March 26, 2013 06:54 pm

Barista

Member No.: 14543

No, you can program the power off, but you have to press the power button to start it.

Sabrina

March 27, 2013 05:53 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the answers.

And how long does it take for it to be ready after powering on?

Sabrina

March 27, 2013 06:03 pm

Unregistered

Me again,
so I looked once after the Nivona 830...

The has everything that also the Melitta Ci has ... from Programierbar stood nowhere what!

Therefore it is 200€ more expensive than the Melitta!

But still thanks for the hint.

schafbock

March 27, 2013 06:29 pm

Barista

Member No.: 14543

Heating up and rinsing under 1 minute until ready.
Must measure again tomorrow.

Seite 12