Advanced search

Siemens EQ.9 "Clean brewing unit" very often

Frank_Cologne

December 01, 2020 08:51 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (agima2000 @ Wednesday, 13 May 2020, 12:34 pm)
It finally seems that they have dealt with the problem.
I helped myself with a rubber in the last brew group,
today I got a new brew group, and some things have been changed there.
For

example, an additional spring plate was installed, they learned from our rubber trick :-)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Left New version Right the ALTE

Hello,
I have been getting this error message over and over again for some time
now.

Did you send in your machine to get a new brewing unit or did it go through the customer service? My EQ9 has a warranty until 02/2021.

Spotti

December 01, 2020 11:50 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 36339

I have the brand new brewing unit and the error comes back exactly the same as with the old one, I don't know what Siemens thinks about it, I mounted the rubber on the new brewing unit and since then I've had peace and quiet!

Gast_Jakob   

December 10, 2020 11:51 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Saturday, 17 August 2019, 00:19 hrs)
Hello together tongue.gif
I own a Siemens EQ9 s700 and had the same problem as most after a short time with the machine.
The brewing unit jams more and more often with the message "Clean brewing unit".
As often recommended I cleaned everything thoroughly and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease. Everything has worked more or less well from time to time. But the message kept coming back.

Yesterday, however, I didn't get the machine running anymore and so I took a very close look at the brewing unit and the "jamming".
I think I have discovered and solved the real problem. My brewing unit works perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little bit
The pot that compresses the coffee is held in place by gravity and the rubber hose on the other side. After a few months, however, this rubber hose gets a slight permanent kink when the coffee pad is ejected.
Therefore it happens that the "pot" tends to fold out to the right when the spindle is turned down before the spindle has gone all the way down and everything gets jammed. Also the wire clip that is supposed to strip the pad bends at this moment.

It's all a bit difficult to explain, I know.
But the solution is very simple.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter turn and tilts the pot to the side. At this point the rubber gives way accordingly.

A picture of my solution is attached. I have filed a small notch where the rubber is hung in, because otherwise the rubber would jump down when the pot goes all the way up for pressing.

The coffee ☕️ is running again and I am glad that this trouble has finally come to an end and I did not order a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear you can replace it very easily and cheaply. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

I think it's a mess that such a weakness in the construction has to be accepted for more than 2000€ sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many of those who are suffering.

With questions simply meldenLG->

Wörlein

Huge. My sister-in-law needed a new brewing unit at least once a year. Thanks to this tip, I've made it redundant by using a hat rubber. Works perfectly. As a small modification, I drilled a small hole in the lamella on one side (above the small hook suggested here) and made the rubber there. Siemens should apologize thousand times for the mess.

plantschi35

January 07, 2021 11:41 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42549

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Friday, August 16, 2019, 11:19 PM)
Hello everyone tongue.gif
I own a Siemens EQ9 s700 and had the same problem as most after a short time with the machine.
The brewing unit jammed more and more often with the message "clean brewing unit "
I have thoroughly cleaned everything as often recommended and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease
Has everything worked more or less well every now and then. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I could no longer get the machine to run, so I took a very close look at the brewing unit and the "jamming".
I think I have discovered and eliminated the actual problem. My brewing unit is working perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little. The pot in which the coffee is pressed together is held in place by gravity on one side and the rubber hose on the other. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is completely down and thus everything is jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at that moment.

All a bit hard to explain, I know.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter of a turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way at this point accordingly.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked because otherwise this jumps down when the pot for pressing moves all the way up.

The coffee ☕️ runs again and I am very happy that this trouble finally has an end and I have not ordered a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear times you can replace this very easily and inexpensively. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the construction for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many plagued

If you have any questions just contact meLG->

Wörlein

Hello all, since me this error " brew group clean" which is to be led back actually on a stuck component, pursued in the last time nearly durably, I have me the problem also times more near looked at. The assumption that the part that contains the piston and should move in the opposite direction to the ejector, moves too early is also correct from my point of view. The approach to create a solution with rubber bands, but from my point of view not purposeful. On closer inspection I came across a spring element on the underside, which in my view is the cause of the problem. See attachment. This spring element, in my view, is responsible for providing a preload to hold the piston section in position. Apparently the factory preload is too low, or wears off over time. I removed this part and bent it a little bit to increase the preload. Since then, the brew group runs again without error.
Required tools:
Torx in the size T6Two
small pliers (I use angled) without fluting not to damage the running surface

Turn the group by hand, then you know what I mean by tread.
Have fun with the tinkering.

Dirk

Attached Image

plantschi35

January 07, 2021 11:43 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42549

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Friday, August 16, 2019, 11:19 PM)
The brewing unit jammed more and more often with the message "clean brewing unit "
I have thoroughly cleaned everything as often recommended and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease
Has everything worked more or less well every now and then. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I could no longer get the machine to run, so I took a very close look at the brewing unit and the "jamming".
I think I have discovered and eliminated the actual problem. My brewing unit is working perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little. The pot in which the coffee is pressed together is held in place by gravity on one side and the rubber hose on the other. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is completely down and thus everything is jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at that moment.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter of a turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way at this point accordingly.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked because otherwise this jumps down when the pot for pressing moves all the way up.

The coffee ☕️ runs again and I am very happy that this trouble finally has an end and I have not ordered a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear times you can replace this very easily and inexpensively. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the construction for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many plagued

Wörlein

Hello all, since me this error " brew group clean" which is to be led back actually on a stuck component, pursued in the last time nearly durably, I have me the problem also times more near looked at. The assumption that the part that contains the piston and should move in the opposite direction to the ejector, moves too early is also correct from my point of view. The approach to create a solution with rubber bands, but from my point of view not purposeful. On closer inspection I came across a spring element on the underside, which in my view is the cause of the problem. See attachment. This spring element, in my view, is responsible for providing a preload to hold the piston section in position. Apparently the factory preload is too low, or wears off over time. I removed this part and bent it a little bit to increase the preload. Since then, the brew group runs again without error.
Required tools:
Torx in the size T6Two
small pliers (I use angled) without fluting not to damage the running surface

Turn the group by hand, then you know what I mean by tread.
Have fun with the tinkering.

Dirk

Attached Image

Gast_Enrico

January 24, 2021 02:23 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (HWS @ Saturday, February 10, 2018, 12:09 PM)
The metal bracket can be easily bent.

HWS

DO NOT bend the metal bracket! It will jam if the unit is not at the correct height. You can turn it DOWN on top of the brewing unit ( just with your fingers ) until the metal bracket fits again.
(at the EQ 9 anyway)

Steho

January 24, 2021 09:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42706

Hello all!

Came across the forum because I was looking for something on the EQ9.

I also had this nagging issue with the brew group....

Here is my solution, which I even sent to Siemens as a design improvement in great detail over a year ago - they did not see a "design problem" and ignored my explanations.

Maybe it helps one or the other, I have it in the friends and acquaintance circle already several times installed and so far all top contently - is another approach, causes however exactly the same as the rubber ring ;-)

I use a 11mm stainless steel anti-kink spring (amazon or bay), which you bring to the right length and put over the silicone hose - this creates the necessary back pressure and the machine runs 1a!

The existing "one ear" clamp you get unfortunately not so really easy - but you can pull the hose with measured force even with the clamp (before clipping off the nozzle and pull JUST!!!!), then you can expand the clamp on the ear a little - but a NEW clamp is in any case the better choice!

A small Wehrmutstropfen: the spring touches possibly the inner housing of the machine and makes fine scratches - I do not mind, but it works...

I've attached a photo of the modification, would be happy if it can help one or the other here and you just do NOT buy a new brewing unit from the manufacturer - even the "new version" (I have here) makes the same problems sooner or later.

Nevertheless: Imitation at your own risk, I assume no liability for possible loss of warranty or consequential damages!

Greetings,

Holger

Attached Image

MasterTom

February 05, 2021 02:40 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42816

Hello fellow sufferers
, I bought an EQ9 about 8 months ago, because I thought with the new brewing unit the problem was solved. Now I have to find out that the second version (the one with the metal spring) has the same problem, because the holding forces are too low. However, I was very surprised when BSH sent me a replacement brewing unit. Under the number 11032774 (same as the second version), a third version was shipped to me. In this one, the metal spring has been omitted again. Instead, something has been changed in the lower right corner. You can't see exactly what's under the lid, but it makes sure that the lower part doesn't accidentally swing to the side anymore. When you do this by hand, you notice a definite resistance that gives way with a crackle. That's the way it has to be.
user posted image
user posted image
So if you also have problems with the second version, you should try to get this third version from BSH

I hope this one now lasts at least until the kinked hose bursts.
wink.gif

Gast_Lars

February 06, 2021 11:58 am

Unregistered

I have the problem with my brew group that the round metal sieve very often clogs. And indeed collects between the two sieve discs coffee grounds.

Since I can not find anything else to this problem I wonder if that must be at all two sieve discs, or whether perhaps only one belongs in there and with me accidentally two were installed.

Has anyone ever unscrewed and can tell me if that are really two ...?

MasterTom

February 06, 2021 04:36 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42816

I just looked it up: only one metal screen belongs on the top brewing piston.

Gast_Berni

February 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

also had the often described here problem with the brewing unit (machine bought April 2020)...have
ordered
me at Amazonfollowing
set

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07TY7BPKT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1und the spindle in rest very carefully greased...now already for 4 weeks the machine runs without problems at 3 uses a day...let's see if this is permanent...many greetings

Gast_Stephan

March 20, 2021 01:57 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

We had the message on our EQ.6 also constantly.
In desperation, we have, after the brewing unit was cleaned and the message still came, replaced by a BE.

Even with the new brewing unit the message came after a few draws.

What else can we do?sad.gif

Gast_Andreas

March 22, 2021 11:58 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Saturday, August 17, 2019, 00:19 PM)

Solution:

Wörlein

Thank you Wörlein,

your contribution belongs to those, which help all. Very well described and illustrated. I have been looking for the error for days and saw that the lowest plastic ring takes the sieve container too early, but did not understand why. You have to get the idea that the hose also has a compression spring function. I was about to order a new brewing unit. Thanks to your rubber band solution, my beloved EQ9 works perfectly again.

Thank you very much Andreas

der-alex

April 18, 2021 10:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43408

QUOTE (guest_matte @ Monday, September 07, 2020, 10:07 AM)
Hello Spotti

I can't upload any pictures as a guest, but I found a picture here, which has the corresponding nose slightly left of the middle of the picture in focus.

user posted image

Right on the opposite side there is another one of those noses. These two I have simply cut off a bit above until the brewing unit could be moved easily. Tip: use a spoon or screwdriver, which you put from above into the brewing unit, to move the mechanism for the test.

The coffee maker is now according to sister in law over a month daily in operation and has since no longer grumbled that she wants to have the brewing unit cleaned.

Best regards
,mat

hello all, my machine runs for 4 years without problems, today then
clean
brew group sad.gif
disassembled, cleaned, assembled but nothing ... always stuck when swinging out! if I lifted the unit, which runs above the spindle, it went without problems, you also noticed that something is engaged or disengaged.
probably 5 times disassembled and checked everything. no chance, always the same. then off to the PC to order a new one. but then I had the idea to work on exactly the noses mentioned here ! so sunday evening at 21:30 o'clock off to the garage, dremel out and the two noses flatter and narrower grinded. assembled and behold, everything top, it swings out absolutely smoothly and coffee runs again smile.gifI
hope that stays so

smile.gif

Peppi aus Köln

May 13, 2021 01:48 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Didi_Nbg @ Wednesday, 02 August 2017, 09:38)
Good morning,

I have recently had a problem with our Siemens EQ.9 s500:

After a few coffee draws (max. half water tank empty) comes the message "Clean brewing unit".
Then I do that of course. And after a short time the problem comes again.

I have the feeling that moving the brewing unit in operation also sounds different, as if it is harder.
There was also coffee in the unit in the brewing chamber when I cleaned it, about 1 cm high (quite loose).

I also notice that the pressed coffee residue in the pulp container is relatively loose. Is this the same for you guys?

By the way, the problem started after I used the rest of the ground coffee from vacation in the machine via the powder compartment. Since the beans were running low anyway, I had no beans in the system and it worked fine. Now I've noticed that according to the instructions I should have switched via the "bean button". Crap - I had not read that!
But that was a long time ago and were max. 10 coffees
Since then I use beans again.

I suspect the fault with the brewing unit itself. Is there any way to clean and maintain it other than rinsing it out over the tap? Grease anything with silicone grease? Or what can I do?

Thanks for the help!

Time coffee friends,

there seems to be a serial defect in this model.
Because even if the brewing unit is cleaned, then still comes the message:
-Clean brewing unit
!-The

part is then often replaced in the service

Well then I thought to myself....guck you the "thing" times closely!-because after
several uses of the machine, it is noticeable that the "cracking sound" is louder and that the red locking slide when removing the BE jammed.

So and now to the cause.....
It is often said that the spindle needs to be lubricated.....
The remedy for

this problem is as follows:

Take a small screwdriver and remove the lower half of the brewing unit.
The screwdriver must carefully lift the plastic clamp so that the lower part can be unscrewed. This is usually quite easy.

Now the lower part of the spindle is also free and you can now turn the spindle from above with a spoon or fork handle until the "error devil" is exposed.

The cracking and jamming is caused by the two plastic latches that "snap" into place when the spindle is turned.

And exactly here one must round then carefully with a nail arrow the plastic corners rubbing on each other something. This way, the resistance when engaging is lower, the cracking is quieter and the stubborn clamping has disappeared.

Just be careful, when filing, do not get the plastic lamella too far out! If
it breaks off, the stop and thus the brewing unit is gone!

Then turn the lower part again without a screwdriver until the clamp has "clicked" - done

The error "clean brewing unit" should belong from now on the history.
In any case, I have since then no more brewing unit problems! Greeting

Peppi from Cologne

67Seite 8910