Advanced search

Siemens EQ.9 "Clean brewing unit" very often

Peppi aus Köln

May 13, 2021 01:50 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Didi_Nbg @ Wednesday, 02 August 2017, 09:38)
Good morning,

I have recently had a problem with our Siemens EQ.9 s500:

After a few coffee draws (max. half water tank empty) comes the message "Clean brewing unit".
Then I do that of course. And after a short time the problem comes again.

I have the feeling that moving the brewing unit in operation also sounds different, as if it is harder.
There was also coffee in the unit in the brewing chamber when I cleaned it, about 1 cm high (quite loose).

I also notice that the pressed coffee residue in the pulp container is relatively loose. Is this the same for you guys?

By the way, the problem started after I used the rest of the ground coffee from vacation in the machine via the powder compartment. Since the beans were running low anyway, I had no beans in the system and it worked fine. Now I've noticed that according to the instructions I should have switched via the "bean button". Crap - I had not read that!
But that was a long time ago and were max. 10 coffees
Since then I use beans again.

I suspect the fault with the brewing unit itself. Is there any way to clean and maintain it other than rinsing it out over the tap? Grease anything with silicone grease? Or what can I do?

Thanks for the help!

Time coffee friends,

there seems to be a serial defect in this model.
Because even if the brewing unit is cleaned, then still comes the message:
-Clean brewing unit
!-The

part is then often replaced in the service

Well then I thought to myself....guck you the "thing" times closely!-because after
several uses of the machine, it is noticeable that the "cracking sound" is louder and that the red locking slide when removing the BE jammed.

So and now to the cause.....
It is often said that the spindle needs to be lubricated.....
The remedy for

this problem is as follows:

Take a small screwdriver and remove the lower half of the brewing unit.
The screwdriver must carefully lift the plastic clamp so that the lower part can be unscrewed. This is usually quite easy.

Now the lower part of the spindle is also free and you can now turn the spindle from above with a spoon or fork handle until the "error devil" is exposed.

The cracking and jamming is caused by the two plastic latches that "snap" into place when the spindle is turned.

And exactly here one must round then carefully with a nail arrow the plastic corners rubbing on each other something. This way, the resistance when engaging is lower, the cracking is quieter and the stubborn clamping has disappeared.

Just be careful, when filing, do not get the plastic lamella too far out! If
it breaks off, the stop and thus the brewing unit is gone!

Then turn the lower part again without a screwdriver until the clamp has "clicked" - done

The error "clean brewing unit" should belong from now on the history.
In any case, I have since then no more brewing unit problems! Greeting

Peppi from Cologne

ffrafri

May 21, 2021 09:55 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Didi_Nbg @ Wednesday, 02 August 2017, 09:38)
Good morning,

I've recently started having a problem with our Siemens EQ.9 s500:

After a few coffee draws (max. half water tank empty) comes the message "Clean brewing unit".
Then I do that of course. And after a short time the problem comes again.

I have the feeling that moving the brewing unit in operation also sounds different, as if it is harder.
There was also coffee in the unit in the brewing chamber when I cleaned it, about 1 cm high (quite loose).

I also notice that the pressed coffee residue in the pulp container is relatively loose. Is this the same for you guys?

By the way, the problem started after I used the rest of the ground coffee from vacation in the machine via the powder compartment. Since the beans were running low anyway, I had no beans in the system and it worked fine. Now I've noticed that according to the instructions I should have switched via the "bean button". Crap - I had not read that!
But that was a long time ago and were max. 10 coffees
Since then I use beans again.

I suspect the fault with the brewing unit itself. Is there any way to clean and maintain it other than rinsing it out over the tap? Grease anything with silicone grease? Or what can I do?

Many thanks for the help!Didi

Moin moin, unfortunately the same problem occurred with my eq9. Tip for this, get a small tube of silicone grease (physiologically harmless & O - ring resistant) and give a little S. grease on the individual threads of the spindle. Then move the spindle 2-3 times by hand, so that the grease is evenly distributed. Problem solved, since then I have to do with "cleaning brewing unit" much less!!!

trebreh01   

June 06, 2021 05:14 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 43790

Hahaha -a tip if you have not read along! Because now you could copy everything in posts back here.....
The greasing helps only conditionally and briefly - as I also had to find out!!!

trebreh01   

June 06, 2021 06:14 pm

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (Guest_Chris @ Thursday, September 05, 2019 at 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (Sequal @ Tuesday, September 03, 2019, 4:37 PM)
Moin
,where did you get this hose repair kit? I can't find anything on there anywhere....

Greetings

Hi, of course there isn't. I put it together myself.
This is the hose:
lilawelt24 food silicone hose silicone hose silicone 40 sizes to choose from (Ø inside/outside: 6mm x 9mm)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07SWR8ZP9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_P.hCDbZZGRBPBund that the clamps:
Wiltec worm thread hose clamps W2 stainless steel bandwidth 9mm clamping range 8-12mm

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B018M8NJAO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2aiCDbJQPH78DIch but have not yet mounted

MfG

Whether this "simple" silicone hose helps, I dare to doubt. It might not be able to withstand the pressure, or.....?
The creator of the answer has -as far as I can see- not yet installed this and reported about it.

I would prefer this one
:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/124512320732?hash=item1cfd833cdc:g:BNIAAOSwjVhf62Re(No, I'm not the seller or related/friended to it...)

PitStop

June 14, 2021 07:37 am

Unregistered

Hello coffee lovers!

Just do what the machine wants: clean the brewing unit! I
have the problem with frequent error message also had, until the machine then no longer ran. Because the machine was still under warranty after less than a year, I had to find the receipt, which took about a week. During that week, the machine remained unused. After my last attempt, during that week the brewing unit was outside the machine and drying really well. Now, as I was putting everything together for shipment to the manufacturer, the brewing unit slipped out of my hands and rumbled onto the table. Although I thought I had cleaned the brewing unit really well, there were thick, dry lumps of coffee grounds coming out of the brewing unit that all had one thing in common: the imprint of spring coils.

So, when cleaning, make sure that the area around the spring is brushed well with a very thin brush! Here the machine presses in coffee grounds until irgebddwann the spring travel is no longer sufficient. Due to high pressure, the ground coffee there is almost as hard as concrete and it is hardly noticeable that here is not properly cleaned.

Small problem solved with great effect.
Good luck!

Gast_Harry

June 20, 2021 07:23 pm

Unregistered

Super great post..With a rubber....solves the problem...incredible....
Short angeflext the notch..already it works...Thanks for the tip...

Gast_Neil

July 09, 2021 11:23 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Steho @ Sunday, 24 January 2021, 21:42)
Hello everyone!

I found this forum because I was looking for something about the EQ9.

I also had this nagging issue with the brew group....

Here is my solution, which I even sent to Siemens as a design improvement in great detail over a year ago - they did not see a "design problem" and ignored my explanations.

Maybe it helps one or the other, I have it in the friends and acquaintance circle already several times installed and so far all top contently - is another approach, causes however exactly the same as the rubber ring ;-)

I use a 11mm stainless steel anti-kink spring (amazon or bay), which you bring to the right length and put over the silicone hose - this creates the necessary back pressure and the machine runs 1a!

The existing "one ear" clamp you get unfortunately not so really easy on every corner - but you can pull the hose with measured force also with the clamp (before clipping off the nozzle and pull JUST!!!!), then you can widen the clamp on the ear a little - but a NEW clamp is in any case the better choice!

A small Wehrmutstropfen: the spring touches possibly the inner housing of the machine and makes fine scratches - I do not mind, but it works...

I have times attached a photo of the modification, would be happy if it can help one or the other here and you just do NOT buy a new brewing unit from the manufacturer - even the "new version" (I have here) makes the same problems sooner or later.

Nevertheless: Imitation at your own risk, I assume no liability for possible loss of warranty or consequential damages!

Greetings,

Holger

Hello,

And first, thanks for sharing this construction. Since I have the same problem, I would like to take this approach with the spring as well. I just ordered a 11mm diameter stainless steel spring (100mm length), but I'm not sure which one is the right one (as you already mentioned). Can you give me some information (maybe with a link), that would be great.

Thanks and LGNeil

Dr. VTEC

July 27, 2021 09:44 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 44570

Hello all. I have also met the fate of "clean the brew group".
My EQ9 is one and a half years old and reports since a few months, more and more often, that I should clean the brew group. That's how I came across this great and very helpful forum.
The simple trick with the rubber I find very good. However, my hose, which is probably intentionally always bent in two places, shows the first signs of wear.
I would now like to exchange this black hose for a new one and also mount this protective spring but I can't find this hose anywhere in the www as a spare part.
Who can help me and tell me where I can order this hose with clamps and the protective spring.

Greetings Thomas

Attached Image

Gast_Bine

July 30, 2021 11:48 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest @ Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 10:46 AM).
About a year after purchasing my EQ9 S300, the problems with the brewing unit started.
Heavy fouling, pomace wet and soft, jamming when removed, etc.
I read on this forum that greasing the threaded spindle should help.
Only how do I get the bearings greased top and bottom.
Silicone spray of a discounter was the solution. With the enclosed tube I could lubricate the bearings above and below. Since these parts do not come into contact with coffee and the tube makes a targeted oiling possible, I have no fear of impairment.
Result : The brewing unit does not often report that it wants to be cleaned. I guess the coffee machine evaluates the sluggishness to know that it wants to be cleaned.
The pomace is also nowhere near as wet as before.
Let's see how long the result so Bleibt.

Hello, since I do not know myself quite so well and also nix want to damage, where exactly is the GEWINDESPINDEL?
Can it also be due to the type of coffee beans that you have to clean the brewing unit more often!

Ruei

July 30, 2021 09:18 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Chris @ Friday, August 23, 2019, 3:30 PM)
Hey!
Super awesome post. I'm going to try that out later after all. I could observe exactly the same with my brew group. The hose is slightly kinked and if I manually drive the brew group when removed, hold it exactly vertical, it hooks at the last moment before the small cup swings out. I think there is still too much tension acting on the side of the kinked hose here. Maybe all this wouldn't be a problem if the hose was 10mm longer. MfG biggrin.gif

Just turn the hose, or replace it.
Have turned the hose, works. Whether permanentlyWeiss
I do not
know
yet, hope it anyway

smile.gif

Flotthino

August 29, 2021 01:55 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Sunday, 24 November 2019, 22:26)
It's sad that they let themselves be asked for so long and annoy the customers.
Sure, one or the other pays for ne new brew group but that's bad for the image in the long run.

For me, anyway, is still the simple rubber in it and I never had problems again tongue.gif

Nice rest of the weekend to you

wink.gif

Hello,
what exactly is
the rubber?
Diameter, thickness?

Flotthino

August 29, 2021 01:57 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Sunday, 24 November 2019, 22:26)
It's sad that they let themselves be asked for so long and annoy the customers.
Sure, one or the other pays for ne new brew group but that's bad for the image in the long run.

For me, anyway, is still the simple rubber in it and I never had problems again tongue.gif

Nice rest of the weekend to you

wink.gif

Hello.
What kind of rubber is it exactly?
Diameter, thickness?

trebreh01

August 30, 2021 07:37 am

Coffee drinker

Hello, it is a normal household rubber , as you have seen On the photos of 17 Aug 2019, if you have read through from A to Z.... somewhere (in KOMTRA forum ?) Hangs the rubber in a paper clip, a hole is drilled faster....
You more elegant solution is still the pressure spring solution or the Anfeilen, only svhade that the post creator had reingestellt da krine foto...

@gadt_bineThis
is the big part (tube) with the skeleton in the middle of the brewing unit meant
So that the oil, comes directly to the places, must use a spray with red tube, otherwise spray in a lid and apply with a brush ...
So that you get everywhere, put a pair of scissors in the top and turn carefully

Christian P.

September 04, 2021 03:28 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Saturday, August 17, 2019, 00:19 PM)
Hello everyone tongue.gif
I own a Siemens EQ9 s700 and had the same problem as most after a short time with the machine.
The brewing unit jammed more and more often with the message "clean brewing unit "
I have thoroughly cleaned everything as often recommended and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease
Has everything worked more or less well every now and then. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I could no longer get the machine to run, so I took a very close look at the brewing unit and the "jamming".
I think I have discovered and eliminated the actual problem. My brewing unit is working perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little. The pot in which the coffee is pressed together is held in place by gravity on one side and the rubber hose on the other. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is completely down and thus everything is jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at that moment.

All a bit hard to explain, I know.
But the solution is very simple.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter of a turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way at this point accordingly.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked because otherwise this jumps down when the pot for pressing moves all the way up.

The coffee ☕️ runs again and I am very happy that this trouble finally has an end and I have not ordered a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear times you can replace this very easily and inexpensively. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the construction for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many plagued

If you have any questions just contact meLG->

Wörlein

You are unbelievable. The solution to the problem after years of despair!!! Thank you! cool.gif biggrin.gif

Gast_Christian

September 04, 2021 03:29 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Saturday, August 17, 2019, 00:19 PM)
Hello everyone tongue.gif
I own a Siemens EQ9 s700 and had the same problem as most after a short time with the machine.
The brewing unit jammed more and more often with the message "clean brewing unit "
I have thoroughly cleaned everything as often recommended and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease
Has everything worked more or less well every now and then. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I could no longer get the machine to run, so I took a very close look at the brewing unit and the "jamming".
I think I have discovered and eliminated the actual problem. My brewing unit is working perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little. The pot in which the coffee is pressed together is held in place by gravity on one side and the rubber hose on the other. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is completely down and thus everything is jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at that moment.

All a bit hard to explain, I know.
But the solution is very simple.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter of a turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way at this point accordingly.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked because otherwise this jumps down when the pot for pressing moves all the way up.

The coffee ☕️ runs again and I am very happy that this trouble finally has an end and I have not ordered a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear times you can replace this very easily and inexpensively. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the construction for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many plagued

If you have any questions just contact meLG->

Wörlein

You are unbelievable. The solution to the problem after years of despair!!! Thank you! cool.gif biggrin.gif

78Seite 91011