Jura A9

Grinds too short after a single supply firing

DasBrot

April 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 43486

Hello.

The search resulted unfortunately only solutions for people who were at the settings of the grinder, or have replaced this. Therefore, I simply ask my question here.

The machine is already 4 years old, and has certainly countless covers. It was already too small at that time. Now the brew group would have to be replaced, because despite cleaning and greasing, the first coffee always ends up in the drip tray. I would have done that. But now only undrinkable coffee comes out of the machine.
One day, when the machine kept the coffee inside again, I stopped making coffee. This was apparently a big mistake. Since then the grinder is very short (max 2 sec) and the coffee is thinner like tea.

Since now the brewing group is due.... is worth there at all still a repair? is the grinder now also still to change?
I have the grind on medium, and not turned any adjusting screw inside. The change occurred when the keffee was cancelled.
Does anyone have any rescue ideas ? So that the brew group exchange still worthwhile?

lg
Bernd

Schlawi

April 28, 2021 01:12 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Send to Jura with the repair flat rate. Say that the coffee is thin.
The meal should fit but pretty much. You have a HS-Plus grinder. The grind not much longer. Probably the grinding cones are slowly worn.