ESAM 4500B

Pomace ejection no longer works properly

drdiso

October 20, 2022 04:41 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 27784

Tach together,
I call the above machine my own and like the part very much. Only slowly I no longer get along. Recently I have made a major inspection, thereby also changed the thermoblock, because a heater was gone. All seals renewed and the brew group with piston etc neatly disassembled, cleaned and reassembled. The machine runs again. Actually everything is fine. But I noticed that the pomace is soft and falls apart during ejection and is thus distributed in the innards. This was not the case before.
I suspected the brew group guide and inspected it. This showed that the brew group holder wobbles quite strongly. When I disassembled it again, I found that the plastic block that slides up and down on the threaded rod was pretty worn. Since hass in the last 8 years by the many up and down some abraded. So worked with the file and glued two thin brass plates. The guide now works again as on the first day but the pomace still falls apart. Does anyone know this and especially what is the reason?
GreetingMarkusP

.s. Throwing away does not work at all

kaffeechris

October 20, 2022 05:51 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello Empty the bean drawer completely and make at least 10 bean-free brews, ignore the error message. Brewing unit should move smoothly after revision, press with your thumb on the screen, with little force it should go down. Grease the spindle regularly. Very important and as last info. Descaler based on amidosulfonic acid.

Sincerely Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

drdiso

October 24, 2022 05:31 pm

Coffee drinker

Perfect. That actually did the trick. Tester lands back in the container as it should. Thanks to the person in the know. biggrin.gif
What is the secret of this action? Readjust the end positions?
GreetingsMarku
s

kaffeechris

October 24, 2022 06:13 pm

Expert

Thank you for the praise.
Yes, that is how it is. Reedsensor, measures the travel and thus the grinding quantity is also determined. Everything should be smooth running, also grease the spindle now and then.

MfG Chris

--------------------

drdiso   

November 01, 2022 05:13 pm

Coffee drinker

Help.... same problem again there ohmy.gif. Pomace is spreading in the machine....mad.gif
Applied your solution again but this time it doesn't seem to have worked. Is it possible that the machine "forgets" the settings? Which reed contacts check the travel? At the bottom of the drive is a Hall sensor, which is obviously triggered by 4 magnets in the spindle drive wheel. Is there a known source of error? Where are the IMpulses evaluated and how can I check if they are ok?
I don't want to discard the thing unsure.gif
Greetings to those in the know

kaffeechris

November 01, 2022 10:10 pm

Expert

Hello, the Hall sensor could be defective, the pulses go to the circuit board. What you have to measure exactly I do not know. I would change the hall sensor. In the neighboring forum Saeco Supportforum you will find some downloads.
Sorry:unsure:
MfG Chris

--------------------