Advanced search

About Alessi Coban RS04

hamalfe

April 09, 2023 11:36 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 64693

Good morning everyone!

I'm a brand new user of the forum and the world of coffee machines (I apologize in advance for jibes...and don't spare yourself in correcting me and giving me advice!)

A few months ago I found in my brother-in-law's attic the Alessi Coban RS04 espresso machine. The machine surpasses his wife's aesthetic standards, so I decided to clean it up and give it a chance to become my new hobby.

First of all, the filter and filter holder are ruined and I would like to replace them, but I don't understand what models are compatible.
If you also have other information, I'm not afraid to understand more about it and do some maintenance.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Gast_Tom

June 06, 2023 11:00 pm

Unregistered

Hello ????????‍♂️,

I really like the Coban and have used it myself for a long time and repaired some. Here's some info:

RS03: portafilter without grinder
RS04: portafilter with grinder
RS05: Nespresso system

I don't know the inner workings of the RS05, but RS03 and RS04 are identical except for the housing and the grinder. So you can use parts of the RS03 for the repair of the RS04.

Identical portafilter and shower sieves were also used in some Krups machines (e.g. Krups 965 Novo 2000). However, the filter holder is attached differently. So you need a spare part from an RS03 or RS04.

The biggest problem is that the shower sieve seal is no longer available, not even from Krups or Philips.

Johannes Köster

December 24, 2023 10:39 am

Unregistered

I am offering a new portafilter gasket in the classifieds. I found a remaining stock in Portugal.

Gast_bernard   

February 18, 2024 11:06 pm

Unregistered

can you give me the address in Portugal to buy this filter holder gasket?

Thanks

Bernard

Gast_Peter

March 07, 2024 03:43 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Johannes Köster @ Sunday, December 24, 2023, 10:39 am)
Offering a new portafilter gasket on classifieds. I found a remaining stock in Portugal.

Hello, do you still have such a seal for the Alessi Coban RS04?
Would need one.
This is this sealing ring with approx. 61mm diameter outside and the somewhat special cross-section with the groove for the shower strainer.

Best regards
Peter
Please also contact me at office@dunkelhell.at - thank you!