Miele CM6350 continuous loop decalcifying

"Drip tray & Empty set container"

Corinna007

April 15, 2019 03:47 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 34114

Hello dear people,

having the following problem with my approx. 2 year old Miele fully automatic coffee maker (model CM 6350):

The machine wanted to be decalcified-so it stood around for approx. 2 weeks because nobody was at home.
The first time decalcifying went perfectly.
After 5 cups of coffee, however, the coffee flowed out of a high pressure outlet valve only. So I thought I'd repeat the whole cleaning process.
When descaling, the error message "Empty drip tray and grounds container" was displayed at minute 6, although nothing was inside.
I emptied the drip tray and grounds container again and the machine started the descaling process all over again. sad.gif
(Fill water tank with decalcifier up to the mark... Descaler dissolves in ....0.12h...at minute 6 a short rinse, then again the same..."empty drip tray and grounds container".... )
I have now played along with the game about 100 times - Miele won't let you abort the decalcification process I also cleaned and dried everything I could without disassembling anything.

Qutaibah

May 20, 2019 02:02 pm

Unregistered

We have the sane problem with my machine miele 5200 and iam sick of it i don’t know how to abort it ?

Odd Falch

April 20, 2020 06:51 pm

Unregistered

Hi we had the same problem... my wife had to repeat the process and when I did it for the third time! I added hot water with the tablet in and then it complete the prosess and was good.
Conclusion: Don't use cold water with the tablet in.

Zebulon

May 10, 2020 01:55 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 38705

Another nice Miele variant for despair. But ours is a VCA 6401 and this one suggests the following: Descale the unit. Great, understandably without care no coffee. Let's go only this care takes this time no end. So, empty the drip tray; fill the water tank with descaling agent and lukewarm water up to the descaling mark ~ and insert. Now: Insert brewing unit. That's in. How is it supposed to work at all, if the water tank is already inside and the brewing unit is of course already inside. Didn't I have only one or two missing from the beginning? And if there had actually been another one, it certainly wouldn't have fit in there as well. Or have I missed something and am in the wrong film. Seems like a number for stupid. Countless times trying to get out of the dilemma. A pointless exercise. Well then, it's tea time. By the way, there's no such error message in any manual. A call for help from Miele revealed: "We don't know this. Service technician comes, if no Corona with us is present. Mille grazie

Schmitz

March 07, 2022 01:09 pm

Unregistered

Descaling in a loop, 5 times in a row and I don't know how to do it mad.gif