Experience with DeLonghi ECAM 110-21+ Melitta Solo

Years of disappointment and enthusiasm

horst37

June 27, 2020 02:27 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 29033

Hello,

I had the DeLonghi for three years and now it's in the basement. From the beginning quite wet pomace, with a lot of tasting at settings and bean variety pleasant coffee. However, the pomace became more and more muddy and probably because of that suspended particles in the coffee. I had greased and replaced the O-rings well, but I was never really convinced. I heard similar complaints from friends. We used the machine for about 5 cups a day, more only when visiting.
I had booked a 2 year warranty extension at Amazon and after 3 years of using the machine, I made a claim. Sent to the authorized workshop of the English insurance company in Karlsruhe (if I remember correctly), moderate improvement for a short time. At the same time a repair of the upper brewing unit was done. My mistake was probably that I did not send the machine directly to the manufacturer during the factory warranty

Yesterday we were invited to the neighbour's house, who had recently bought a Melitta Solo. The coffee was a dream and then the surprise: Simple rush "gourmet" from the supermarket. According to him, pomace nice and dry, no experiments with the settings. Is the Solo (or its successor Purista) really so superior to the widely used DeLonghi? Is it still possible to offer the DeLonghi cheaply to a handyman?

--------------------
ECAM 21.110