temperature

migi1972   

December 19, 2010 10:21 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 10979

Hello together

Jura Impressa J 9 One Touch

Bought me a Jura Impressa J9 , the first one was directly defective (did not draw water). Yesterday the other one came. biggrin.gif
We set them up and then tried the different types of coffee.
We noticed that the espresso for example is not really hot or a Latte Maciato is only lukewarm, although we had adjusted it to the higher temperature.
Now my question .... Is that so with the machine, because that would be really bad for a machine that is also made for coffee specialties such as a latte and yes is not really cheap.

What I also ask myself is that you learn so little about this machine, even here in the forum.
Is she new ?

Hoffe You can give me some advice, otherwise I might have to call Jura and hope that the second one isn't already there sad.gif

Greeting Micha

Hisholy

December 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 22

Hello Micha,

I don't think that the machine has a defect! Did you maybe only drink filter coffee before? You can't expect the same temperature as the filter plörre. At 100°C, the crema would burn. The machine has a typical outlet temperature of 86°C.

migi1972

December 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello Hisholy

>Up to now only Senseo and Espresso with the hand pot.

Ok Espresso I can yes understand but the latte is really only lukewarm.
But thanks for the answer.

Greeting Micha

Hisholy

December 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Expert

QUOTE (migi1972 @ Sunday, 19. December 2010)December 2010, 11:51 a.m.)
So far only Senseo and Espresso with the hand pot.

Both clearly hotter than a fully automatic machine.

migi1972

December 19, 2010 01:11 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello Hisholy

The milk is foamed with hot steam so I don't understand that the milk doesn't get warm. The milk wasn't even in the fridge before.
But apart from the temperature, I'm totally excited about the Jura. biggrin.gif
How come you can find so little about J9 here ?

Greeting Micha

Hisholy

December 19, 2010 03:18 pm

Expert

QUOTE (migi1972 @ Sunday, December 19, 2010)December 2010, 12:11pm)
How is it that you can find so little about J9 here ?

Problems are posted here. And since the J5 has some of the inner life of the Z5, it rarely gets out.

The milk is foamed by the steam, nothing more. If it were exposed to steam for longer, it would burn.
And the higher the proportion of milk foam in the drink, the colder it gets overall.

Hamburger

December 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 10975

Hello,
I made an espresso out of the J9 with TFT display today and also I had to find out that the temperature is only lukewarm. I last made an espresso out of the test winner machine from Bosch and it was much hotter. Also I could not find at the Jura where I can adjust the temperature.

Tobit

December 30, 2010 04:31 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 11174

In principle, the steam never heats the milk above 60 degrees, because otherwise it would already form flakes in the frother. It is important to use "warmed cups" for such drinks, which is usually the case.
When I let an espresso run into a cold, possibly still thick-walled cup, the 90 degrees what the normal brewing temperature is only 60 degrees will remain. You have to keep in mind that we only have 30ml.

W1cht3lm@nn

December 31, 2010 12:34 am

Experienced

Member No.: 7258

QUOTE (migi1972 @ Sunday, 19.December 2010, 11:51 a.m.)
Up to now only Senseo and Espresso with the hand jug.

Both are significantly hotter than with a fully automatic machine.

> This certainly applies to plastic appliances which brew coffee in an unheated mechanism on the one hand and send the finished coffee through a more or less long pipe on the other hand. This has little to do with the price, my WMF unfortunately does the same thing.

This cable is especially long with a good 20cm for one-touch devices from Jura, which should explain the difference to the Bosch device.

But there is also the other case like with a Quick Mill, where the coffee is brewed in a cylinder which is constantly kept at 92° brewing temperature and runs into the cup after 5 cm. The outlet temperature thus corresponds as far as possible to the brewing temperature.

A large number of users of "ordinary fully automatic" machines may not drink "plastic (brewing group) espresso" after enjoying the result.

--------------------
Quick Mill 05000 "Unique Edition", WMF Ecco

migi1972   

January 10, 2011 06:25 am

Coffee drinker

Hello together

So I wanted to post again because I got the answer to my question now.
There was no defect on the machine .... no it was in principle an operating error.
We called Jura and they gave us the tip at the capuccino nozzle to adjust the setting a bit further to the right ....
Now she has a super temperature and we are completely thrilled.

So, many greetings and a happy (and smoky) year 2011

Micha