Caffeo Solo 950-103

Platine

k_k

February 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 42866

Hello,

I have a Melitta Caffeo Solo 950-103, it only turns on for a few seconds, then the coffee beans flash alternately a few times and then the machine is off again.

I have uncovered the circuit board. The right electrolytic capacitor in the middle at c13 looks pretty suspicious to me, but the cover is perfectly flat. Before I get the soldering iron out I wanted to ask here if anyone has an opinion on this.

Many greetings

K_K

Attached Image

k_k

February 12, 2021 06:21 pm

Coffee drinker

Got help from a trained TV technician. He explained to me that this is one of the rare cases where the electrolytic capacitors were glued together to increase stability. (Might as well have asked my father-in-law ;-) ). At least the forum now has a photo of an intact circuit board, in case something happens to someone else.

My problem turned out to be minimal adjustment of the drive by about 1-2 minutes. Machine is now making coffee again.

k_k

June 25, 2021 05:26 am

Coffee drinker

Hi Jules,
got an email from you, but can't reply via PM because the inbox of the forum does not show your message. That's why I answer here:

There are two microswitches operated by the brewing unit. Try to push them with e.a. two popsicle sticks. And turn on the machine while holding the buttons down. Maybe the problem settles with this. You might need someone lending you a hand doing this.

I actually had to open the gearbox and adjust the wedge operating two other microswitches inside the gearbox. It is not really difficult but you should reserve an hour for this. Making photos while opening the gearbox helps massively wink.gif.
Its a good opportunity to grease the gears.