Advanced search

Siemens EQ.9 "Clean brewing unit" very often

Gast_Christian

September 04, 2021 03:32 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Saturday, August 17, 2019, 00:19 PM)
Hello everyone tongue.gif
I own a Siemens EQ9 s700 and had the same problem as most after a short time with the machine.
The brewing unit jammed more and more often with the message "clean brewing unit "
I have thoroughly cleaned everything as often recommended and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease
Has everything worked more or less well every now and then. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I could no longer get the machine to run, so I took a very close look at the brewing unit and the "jamming".
I think I have discovered and eliminated the actual problem. My brewing unit is working perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little. The pot in which the coffee is pressed together is held in place by gravity on one side and the rubber hose on the other. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is completely down and thus everything is jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at that moment.

All a bit hard to explain, I know.
But the solution is very simple.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter of a turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way at this point accordingly.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked because otherwise this jumps down when the pot for pressing moves all the way up.

The coffee ☕️ runs again and I am very happy that this trouble finally has an end and I have not ordered a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear times you can replace this very easily and inexpensively. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the construction for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many plagued

If you have any questions just contact meLG->

Wörlein

You are unbelievable. The solution to the problem after years of despair!!! Thank you! cool.gif biggrin.gif

Gast_Christian

September 04, 2021 03:38 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wörlein @ Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 2:27 PM)
Just take the rubber. Costs nothing and since then not a single error more biggrin.gif

Greetings Bernd

You are unbelievable. The solution to the problem after years of despair!!! Thanks a lot! cool.gif biggrin.gif

revolt

October 25, 2021 06:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 44839

Our Siemens EQ.9 Connect S500 was purchased at the end of July 2019 After more than two years, we also had the error "clean brewing unit" for the first time on 11/09/2021.

So far have only sparingly applied silicone grease to the spindle, moving parts and O-seal rubber every few months, as I did with my previous Delonghi machines. Recently also just changed the O rubber.

Landed here on the forum while troubleshooting and have read the many great tips:

- Regularly (weekly) clean-
Grease spindle-
Turn pressure hose 180 degrees- Pressure
hose as well as the hose clamps or. Replace the pressure hose and the hose clamps or one-eared clamps-
Reinforce
the
pressure hose with
a spring

to
relieve the strain, so that kinking is prevented
- Support the tension of the pressure hose with a rubber or a spring-
Grind down/round off the plastic bar "lugs" at the lower end of the spindle-
As long as the warranty is still in force, have the brew group replaced free of chargeCause

is

therefore a mechanical problem, which is primarily related to the kinking of the pressure hose and the resulting weakening of the spring effect

You can then start at various points to find a "workaround" for the problem. If you grease, grind and increase the tension with rubbers and springs, the spring action of the hose is no longer so crucial.

In my case, greasing alone was enough to keep me from having a problem with the brew group for over two years. Whereby there may also be manufacturing tolerances in several places of the unit, whereby different measures can help.

So when the fault occurred, I tested various tips here one after the other: greased the spindle in the lower area as well, removing the housing there. After that, I also grinded the plastic lugs at the bottom of the spindle several times. However, after a few days the problem kept coming back.

Only since I turned the pressure hose 180 degrees about three weeks ago have I had peace. So with my brew group, this hose is apparently the main problem. I'm now waiting to see if the message comes back and will then try replacing the hose. I wonder if the original hose can be bought cheaply for the end user?

I think in the meantime, ideally with greasing and occasionally changing the hose, you can keep the brewing unit going for a long time. The other aids mentioned are only of use, and inexpensively, when the hose should be replaced anyway.

In the event that the brewing unit at some point completely strikes, I already have a replacement brewing group in the cabinet (new model Siemens 11043543), which the Siemens customer service kindly provided me once as a gesture of goodwill despite recently expired warranty.

trebreh01

October 25, 2021 08:35 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43790

Hello, revolt - all correctly captured - great

So I haven't filed off a nose yet -.

with my first BE, where this occurred, I have fixed it with the rubber. It's just a visual problem, but it helps.

Turning the hose, I suspect, will not bring anything for long.
An Orginal hose I could not find - whether the commercial build up the tension so, I do not know.

Attaching an appropriate pressure spring over the hose is easy, as you only have to open one clamp - the outermost one - and can then push the spring onto the hose. I re-clamped the 1-eared clamp without special pliers. It's been quiet ever since, I just have to watch it when cleaning to see if the spring has shifted....

Gast_Tom

November 17, 2021 02:05 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

Clean brewing unit keeps coming up.
Call customer service: new brewing unit under warranty, very obliging. Switzerland.
Let's see.

trebreh01

November 17, 2021 07:07 pm

Coffee drinker

Then pick up the old times nice,
can pull over there the spring and you already have a replacement.
Too bad that you live in Switzerland, would have you in D a spring and clamp cheap to send to, - unless you live near Zurich, there drives one of the spot weekly there....

Why the whole thing? With me, a brewing unit is already cracked when cleaning (tablet fell probably on edge pure ...?)

Gast_Gast

November 30, 2021 03:11 pm

Unregistered

Hello, also here a plagued coffee connoisseur, looking for the
solution to the problem with the BE I landed here. Class, that there are people who share their experiences and tips with others!
I have today times the hose turned by 180 ° and hope the first peace is

I would still like to mount an anti-kink spring. Can someone tell me the dimensions?
The hose (as a replacement) there seems to be nowhere.
Thanks a lot!

Gast_Mark

December 07, 2021 11:07 pm

Unregistered

My EQ.9 700 is now 1.5 years old and has also ceased operation with the message "clean brewing unit".

I was already despairing and have just tried the rubber band trick.
It really works - I'm pretty gobsmacked blink.gif

Thanks for the tip

!

Gast_Heiko

January 30, 2022 09:10 pm

Unregistered

I own a Siemens EQ9 s700 and had the same problem as most after a short time with the machine.
The brewing unit jammed more and more often with the message "clean brewing unit "
I have thoroughly cleaned everything as often recommended and also lubricated the spindle thread with silicone grease
Has everything worked more or less well every now and then. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I did not get the machine to run again and consequently looked at the brewing unit and the "jamming" times very closely.
I think I have discovered the real problem and eliminated it. My brewing unit works perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little
The pot in which the coffee is pressed together, is held in place by gravity and on the other side by the rubber hose. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it then happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is fully driven down and thus everything gets jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at this moment.

All a bit difficult to explain, I know.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way accordingly at this point.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked in because otherwise this jumps down when the pot goes to press completely up.

The coffee ☕️ runs again and I am very happy that this trouble finally has an end and I have not ordered a new brewing unit. If the rubber should tear times you can replace this very easily and inexpensively. Also a suitable spring I would have already found.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the design for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

I felt the need to write this article and I hope I can finally help many plagued

If you have any questions just contact meG->

Wörlein

I had the same problem today and have already replaced the BE.
The simple and yet ingenious solution with the rubber I find totally great. It also works with my EQ9 S300.
Thanks for the tip!!!B)

jürg

February 12, 2022 08:44 am

Unregistered

Also had/have the same problem with my expensive Eq9 S700. The first few times brav cleaned the BE and was good - last still for a few covers, then it went to me slowly on the Senkel. Will yes drink coffee in the morning and not clean first wacko.gif

Googled and ended up here reading all the threads.

The culprit really seems to be the hose, especially the two kinks that prevent the BE from being ready for the next draw again. The kinks apparently prevent the swiveling process from being completed cleanly. The hose apparently has two functions: To carry water and as a swivel aid.

Possible solutions
:1. exchange BE (under warranty)2

. Install rubber band3
. Spring around the hose4
. Pull insulating tape around the kinksI

chose solution 4 for my machine because it was the easiest to do

And lo and behold:

Problem solved. Since approx. 10 days finally peace in the Gebälk.

I would like to thank everyone here for their suggestions and hope that this article will help one or the other to forget the trouble with the otherwise superautomatic machine.

Greetings Jürg

Gast_Wolfgang

March 09, 2022 02:51 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Heiko @ Sunday, 30 January 2022, 21:10)
Has everything worked again and again more or less well. But the message came again and again.

Yesterday, however, I did not get the machine to run and consequently looked at the brewing unit and the "jamming" times very closely.
I think I have discovered the real problem and eliminated it. My brewing unit works perfectly again.

Solution:
As you have noticed, the brewing unit is installed at an angle so that gravity can help a little
The pot in which the coffee is pressed together, is held in place by gravity and on the other side by the rubber hose. After a few months, however, exactly this hose gets a slight permanent kink by the back and forth folding when ejecting the coffee pod.
Therefore, it then happens that the "pot" by turning down the spindle already tends to fold out to the right before the spindle is fully driven down and thus everything gets jammed. Also the wire bracket that is supposed to strip the pad bends at this moment.

All a bit difficult to explain, I know.

You have to compensate the decreasing tension of the water hose on the opposite side with a rubber or better a suitable spring. The rubber simply holds the pot in place until the spindle has moved all the way down and audibly clicks into place. Then the spindle turns another quarter turn and tilts the pot to the side. The rubber gives way accordingly at this point.

Attached is a picture of my solution. I have filed a small notch in each where the rubber is hooked in because otherwise this jumps down when the pot goes to press completely up.

Sauerei I find that such a weakness in the design for over 2000 € must be accepted sad.gif

If you have any questions just contact meG->

Wörlein

I had the same problem today and have already replaced the BE.
The simple and yet ingenious solution with the rubber I find totally great. It also works on my EQ9 S300.
Thanks for the tip!!!B)

Is there a picture of the rubber mounting?rolleyes.gif

trebreh01

March 12, 2022 09:44 am

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (Guest_Guest @ Tuesday, 30 November 2021, 14:11)
Hello, also here a plagued coffee connoisseur
,looking for the solution to the problem with the BE I landed here. Great that there are people who share their experiences and tips with others!
I have today times the hose turned by 180 ° and hope the first peace is

I would still like to mount a bend protection spring. Can someone share the dimensions?
The hose (as a replacement) there seems to be nowhere.
Thanks a lot!

There is the set now in Austria to buy, do not know the name of the shipper more, but he is helpful at youtube zu gange. I think Arnrasser , Arno. Shipping also to D....

@Gast- WolfgangI
can take a photo, but I think komtra.de has one too. Maybe I put the link here tonight if I have TIME... don't know how to PN here,
or if mail-addy is allowed: kle55-a-t-gmx.däbiggrin.gif

revolt

April 18, 2022 11:07 am

Coffee drinker

Found the channel, erhei0t "Arnold OnlineHelpNoProblem" and here is the video for the brew group:

The repair kit is sold here: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/siemens-bruehgruppe-reparatur-set-wartungsset-fuer-eq9-eq500-eq700/2057045065-86-143

However, I must say that I find the price a bit steep for a hose with spring, 2 clamps and 2 sealing rubbers. With shipping to Germany, that would cost me 26.20 euros (17 euros the parts, 8 euros shipping, 1.20 euros buyer protection). If you consider that the complete brew group is already offered for less than 70 euros...

swolle

April 18, 2022 08:17 pm

Barista

Member No.: 46321

komtra.com/nivona-spare-parts/nivona-spare-parts/silicone-fabric-hose-l180mm-nivona-full-coffee-automatic.html

This one works perfectly, the clamps that are on the original hose can be pried open a bit and squeezed again.

revolt

April 18, 2022 09:59 pm

Coffee drinker

The hose here is the one from the pump to the thermoblock. Sure that the high pressure at the brew group can withstand and not burst?

89Seite 1011