Advanced search

Difference Durgol swiss espresso - Durgol Express

Holger K.

March 03, 2007 02:06 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 996

Hello folks,

since I had to decalcify my ESAM 4500 for the first time yesterday, I looked around for the decalcifier recommended by DeLonghi => Durgol

Now I wanted to ask you where the difference between Durgol swiss espresso and Durgol Express lies?

Both have 15% amidosulfonic acid as active ingredient and I don't see any other difference except the name and the price.

On eBay 2.0 liters of Durgol Express cost about 20€ incl. shipping and 20 x 125ml (2.5 Lieter) Durgol swiss espresso about 65€ incl. shipping.

>would I like your answers.

--------------------
Beste Grüße
Holger

edwi

April 02, 2007 02:20 pm

Unregistered

Hello Holger,

before exactly the same question I stood today also with my new delonghi. I still had the "cheap" Durgol from the old machine and was surprised that the proportions were completely different now : earlier (at the siemens surpresso 20) one decalcified only with 500 ml liquid - half water, half Durgol.
Now 125 ml durgol should suffice (sample bottle Durgol espresso), diluted with 1 l water. So it was done.

For the first time, 1125 ml was too much liquid, in the tank remained about 200 ml.

With the collected "used" decalcifying liquid I decalcified as always, equal to my kettle. That worked, despite new "dilution" prima.

Therefore I wonder if the expensive Durgol is not more concentrated than the cheap? Where did you find the information that both contain 15%? I found this information only on the cheap Durgol bottle. I did not find any information about the concentration in the original sample, not even in the enclosed thick instruction booklet.

Hari Seldon

April 02, 2007 08:38 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 930

have a look at the manufacturer www.durgol.ch, there the "Express" is only conditionally recommended for fully automatic machines...

April 03, 2007 12:56 am

Unregistered

According to the manufacturer, the same ingredients, unfortunately no quantities. From the recommended application list one can at most conclude that Durgol express should be less concentrated. But how much?

>I have to say, I hate this paternalism by the manufacturers...33; ! The buyer is told is too stupid to reckon 1 + 1 and is supposed to buy expensive small portion vials.

Hari Seldon

April 03, 2007 08:51 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 930

why don't you order the descaler from De´Longhi at the De´Longhi customer service points? SER 1014 12,99 0,5 l is sufficient for 4 decalcifications...

edwi

April 10, 2007 03:45 pm

Unregistered

Very interesting ebay ad :
http://cgi.ebay.ch/Entkalker-Awimac-2-Lite...4QQcmdZViewItem

It's really unbelievable what Durgol is doing and the vending machine manufacturers are pulling along.

Not with me!

kirseb

January 12, 2008 04:43 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 1079

Hi,

I ordered now 2 liters Awimac descaler for 19,55 € incl. shipping. That should last for years and is just as good according to the dealer.

Mal sehen...

Gruß
kirseb

ticktack

January 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Unregistered

Moin!

>I've been wondering for a while where the difference in the composition of Durgol Espresso and Expresso lies.

I find this information interesting (also note the "versions"):

http://www.codecheck.ch/waschen_reinigen/e...ss_espresso.pro

If this is true, there seems to be about 15% amidosulfonic acid as active ingredient in both products. So the differences are openly "only" in the additives (for espresso: silicone oil, dyes / for express: ?).

The question remains whether the differences (if any) are really necessary, and whether they justify the price difference?! Looks very much like manufacturer-nepp... .

If you "courageously" choose Durgol Express, the concentration of the agent should be chosen according to the "espresso" variant, so that the concentration of the active ingredient is suitable for coffee machines.

Only if someone is interested (and it was not known anyway)...! ;)

ticktack

January 30, 2008 01:19 pm

Unregistered

Another supplement to the concentration of amidosulfonic acid:

Bin just stumbled over a rather credible sounding side, which indicates a drug content of "approx. 15% for Durgol Express", but only "15% for Durgol Espresso", so less... .

Only remarkable is that my original "operating instructions" for "Durgol Espresso" decalcifier contains the following information:

"Contains: 15% Amidosulfonic acid"

Also this indicates that the amount of active ingredient is about the same (approx. 15%), and other information is intended only to unsettle the price-conscious buyer (and sell the expensive espresso variant). But there everyone should form his own opinion... .

ticktack

January 30, 2008 01:23 pm

Unregistered

Which one does not have in the head... .

Here are the links to the above mentioned page:

br>Durgol Express: http://www.metro-haccp.com/at/data/at/uplo...tice/100353.pdf

Durgol Espresso: http://www.metro-haccp.com/at/data/at/uplo...tice/101535.pdf

Gregorthom

January 30, 2008 02:38 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 312

Durgol Express is more aggressive than the "normal" Durgol, so more water needs to be added so it's not too aggressive for the VA.

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

ticktack

January 30, 2008 04:18 pm

Unregistered

Hello Gregorthom!

What makes you think that Durgol Express is more aggressive than the "normal" Durgol?! The decisive drug is amidosulfonic acid, right? And 15% is 15%? Am I missing something...?

What mixing ratio "Durgol Express : Water" would you use, and why?

If you know more (or I have a misconception or misinformation), please let me know with the information. Ultimately, I am interested in a distinction between the two products that is as sound as possible.

Wants to save money, but my VA shouldn't have to suffer from it... .

Thank you!

Gregorthom

January 30, 2008 05:16 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 312

Quote from www.durgol.com:

"What is the difference between durgol® express and durgol® swiss espresso®?

durgol® express is a universal descaler for all household objects. durgol® swiss espresso® is a special descaler for high-quality espresso machines of all brands. The difference between the two products lies in the protection and care formula. durgol® swiss espresso® therefore shows a significantly different decalcification behaviour, which is specially adapted to the requirements of high-quality espresso machines. "

--------------------
VA-Werdegang: Jura E75 06.2006-10.2006 >>> Jura S9 Avantgarde 10.2006-07.2007 >>> 08.2007-04.2008: DeLonghi PrimaDonna
ST-Werdegang: Gaggia Evolution mit Demoka M-203 10.2007-01.2009 >>> Arte di Poccino Bar (ST+Mühle) seit 01.2009 >>> 03.2009 La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II + Eureka MCI/T

January 31, 2008 12:40 am

Unregistered

Moin!

If you follow the manufacturer's instructions, you will come to the conclusion that for espresso machines you should also use "Durgol Espresso". I am not really surprised that Durgol makes this recommendation... .

But: The question is finally (at least for me) whether Durgol doesn't want to sell almost the same product in different packaging at different prices? A quite usual behavior at the market.

My interpretation of the quoted www.durgol.com-Passage:

It is not spoken of differences in relation to the decalcification behavior, but very generally of a difference in the "protection and care formula.". Nor can it be inferred that "Durgol Express is more aggressive than "normal" Durgol", especially considering that in both agents the main decalcifying active ingredient is "15% amidosulfonic acid". Therefore, the formulation "protection and care formula" can also focus only on the additives. But are these really great different? And if so, is that relevant? A little like deciding whether to take Aspirin, the more expensive Aspirin+C or simply ASS... .

Have just found these data on the inhalants:

Durgol Express: Aqua, sulfamic acid CAS No. 005329-14-6, silicon oxide polymers, dyes
http://www.bauermuehle.de/product_info.php...--1000-ml-.html
(or on www.durgol.ch/de/duering.html)

Durgol Espresso: Aqua, sulfamic acid (CAS No. 005329-14-6), silica polymers
http://www.bauermuehle.de/product_info.php...-2x-125ml-.html
(or on www.durgol.ch/de/duering.html)

Things are already damn similar for me, especially with identical concentration of the main active substance. And that the dyes are at least harmless can be deduced from the Durgol classification of Durgol Express as "conditionally suitable" for espresso machines (also on www.durgol.ch/de/duering.html).

But everyone must form his own opinion. You have to be able to pour the remedy into the machine with a "good conscience" without fear of breaking something.

Good night...!

October 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Unregistered

Amidosulfuric acid in solid form corresponds to the amidosulfonic acid.
For about 40€ (1996 43,70 DM) you should get 2,5 kg by shipping chemicals.

If you would produce your own personal descaler with 15 weight percent active substance,
so that would be enough for 133 times 125ml.
That makes about 33 ct per decalcification.
The only problem: I consider the handling of such corrosive chemicals to be negligent without appropriate expertise.

However, the added value seems to be enormous here.

>