Leaking machine

Nimbus4

May 23, 2010 02:40 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 8361

Hello together,
maybe I find the necessary help here.
Our beautiful Krups XP7200 is mutating more and more to a discontinued model.
Instead of the coffee running into the cup, most of the water
flows out below. Where could the mistake lie ?
Krups says send in, repair to 80 € make the without demand, over 80 € one is informed. Maybe someone knows inexpensive advice? sad.gif

Kaffeeliebhaber

May 23, 2010 03:07 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 7777

Hi

Of course there is a cheap alternative; self-repair!
But you need a little bit of screwdriver talent, patience, courage and a long Torx 15 screwdriver.
On spare part costs with shipping you have to reckon so about 15€.
A trained gets the XP in 45 minutes tight again. As a newbie you should plan on half a day.

great greetings

--------------------
Gruß
Kaffeeliebhaber

Gast_Nimbus4

May 23, 2010 03:25 pm

Unregistered

Tach,

thanks for the quick reaction. Think it's failing today because of the appropriate
tool. I don't have this "special" screwdriver in the house, at least not one so long that I could get the rear screws loosened.
What spare parts do I need, i.e. what is defective or could be defective ?

Gruß nimbus4

Kaffeeliebhaber

May 23, 2010 05:16 pm

Advanced

If the machine already has several thousand covers behind it, the seal on the press plunger will leak. The water will then partially run out of the opening in the bottom of the case, which is right in the middle at the front under the drip tray.

To get to it you have to completely remove the case, the mill, the power electronics (take pictures of the plugs before) and the inner plastic tray. The brewing unit must also be unscrewed - the water hoses do not need to be unscrewed. Then the press plunger is dismantled and you can replace the collar seal. It costs 4€. But you should also replace the seal on the brewing head costs another 4€ Shipping costs are 5€ so together 13€ (eg Juraprofi). If the machine is already open, open the drainage valve, clean and grease it. It is best to also order some silicone grease for this purpose. You could use that for the other seals, too. Remove the two brewing sieves and also clean them. Clean the mill.

Screwdrivers are available at the DIY store for 7€.

If you decide to repair it, write me again and I'll give you some more vital tips.

good luck

--------------------
Gruß
Kaffeeliebhaber

Kaffeetrinker24

May 26, 2010 11:05 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 8305

Hello Zusammen,

I am the owner of an XP7220 machine which is losing water and which, in my opinion, has a defective black seal under the brewing unit piston (article 5015004 by Juraprofi). The lower brown seal on the piston seems okay.

@Frahlingliebhaber
I would now like to perform the repair recommended by you from the above article and ask you for the "few vital tips" you mentioned. I would also like to thank you for the many other repair tips you have given in other articles and which I have also read.

Kaffeeliebhaber

May 26, 2010 09:12 pm

Advanced

Hi
Your coffee's on its way so delicious coffee is waiting in your hands spit.
Change press stamp seal on Krups XP72xx or Krups EA80xx or similar on Krups EA82xx or Rowenta ES68xx.

pull mains plug! Caution Mains voltage can be fatal.

-drip tray, coffee cake container, water tank and cleaning slide, remove quick guide.
-clip front decorative frame upwards. (slightly different for Krups EA82xx and Rowenta ES68xx. Moulinex etc.)
open bean container and pull adjustment knob upwards (this must be removed), remove screw in bean container (Torx15), remove bean container.
remove screw under bean container.
remove two screws under cup heating surface. (The middle one can remain)
-Four Remove the screws on the front panel
-The two screws under the water tank and remove them completely (with magnet).
Pull the upper housing cover out of the rear clips with a gentle jerk.
Pull the rear U-shaped housing shell backwards.
Pull the coffee outlet hose off the brewing head. Remove the hose with the plastic part completely and clip it off.
- Loosen the four screws holding the front panel (two at the top, two at the bottom).
- Pull out the plug of the control unit and clip out the control unit (4 clips from behind).
- Clip out the steam nozzle from behind and lead it through the front panel.
- Remove front panel
- Now take pictures so that you later know where you belong. In particular the plug connections of the electronics and of the hoses.
Make sure that the hoses are not pulled. The connections are fragile, especially at the water distributor.
-Brew off the brewing head (Torx10)
-Tap the Torx10 now onto the screw from the lower sieve.
-Hold the punch at the bottom with a 3mm allen key.
-Turn the upper screw to the left (open).
Now the lower allen key is released and the punch can be pulled upwards out of the brewing chamber. At the bottom you have in this order the Allen screw, a plastic stopper, a spring, a plastic washer (thick end upwards), a plastic sleeve.
remove the collar gasket, so clean the surrounding area
unscrew the bore
-bottom brewing sieve, clean the press plunger and brewing sieve
-new gasket and press plunger well with silicone grease treat (only the shaft so that the gasket is permanently lubricated 1/2g)
-new gasket insert (Art.No.: 5015004 from Juraprofi.de 3,99€ or somewhere else), screw the brewing sieve back on, insert the press stamp from above then from below the plastic sleeve, plastic washer (thick end to the top), spring, plastic plug, Allen screw 3mm. Tighten with feeling.
-assemble everything again.
-ready

With this method there is no need to disassemble the power electronics. However, it could be that when screwing the lower Allen key is not released but the brewing sieve is released. Then you have to loosen all the cables and unscrew the upper housing shell including the electronics.
Then you can loosen the three screws of the brewing group attachment and tilt them to the side. Then pull the press plunger out downwards. Otherwise everything goes like above.
So I hope that helps you and also others further.

Beauty greetings and much tasty coffee
Frahlinglingliebhaber

--------------------
Gruß
Kaffeeliebhaber

Kaffeetrinker24

May 27, 2010 08:05 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 8305

Hello Frahlingliebhaber

Many thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll try these steps this weekend.

Great greetings coffee drinker24

BioTeq

August 14, 2010 06:27 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 9250

Hello everyone,

I tried to open my XP7200 today, and unfortunately I'm pulling the U-shaped rear shell backwards.

The part just won't come loose from the rest, the lower part of the case (2 screws down-front) is free, but on top (another 2 screws removed) it's still held somehow and I can't see how that's possible.

It would be great if someone could give me a hint or tell me what I screwed up.

UPDATE: The problem is solved. It was a white bezel protecting the electronics that made it impossible for me to completely remove the case. Otherwise you should not remove the 2 screws front-top, this makes the thing even harder when they are away!

melgucci

September 07, 2010 09:12 pm

Unregistered

Hello dear

spec. the "coffee lover"
just read some reviews from you about the Krusps XP 7220. We constantly have problems with this machine. In the year 2006 bought and 1 time in the year in the repair and we drink very very very little coffee - at most 2 a day. does anyone else have such an unfortunate part??

now question to coffee lovers or who else knows;-)
With our machine now the heating and the distributor (I take at water distributor or there is still another distributor?) is defective. Can they be replaced and repaired by yourself? Where would you get spare parts for the Krups?

I thank you very much if an answer comes rolleyes.gif

schwarz_muss_er_sein

November 04, 2010 10:27 am

Unregistered

yes we also have the model - thanks to a long warranty it is constantly repaired but now unfortunately we get more water under it than in the cup.
As we don't really have time and no special technical skills: where is the best place to have this repaired? Any tips?

MichaDU

November 04, 2010 05:27 pm

Barista

Member No.: 8949

Hello,

I think you don't do anything wrong if you look for a local "screwdriver". Since the Krups devices from the XP series are perhaps not as widespread as the previous ones (identical with Jura), one should perhaps clarify beforehand whether the respective supplier is familiar with the device type.

As far as I have noticed, Krups is partly also relatively accommodating. Especially if the machine has already been repaired several times, they might let you talk to them about an exchange or an upgrade.

Otherwise I still consider self-repair to be the cheapest alternative and it is also relatively feasible with the series (if I can do it already...). Maybe a talented screwdriver from my circle of acquaintances?

If you still have questions about the repair, just ask here or just write me an e-mail (michadu "at" gmx.de. I collected a lot of pictures and couldn't put them in the forum yet.

LG,

Micha

Thomas D

December 22, 2010 07:42 am

Unregistered

Hello,

>our XP7200 also runs out.
I changed the O-ring on the piston.
The coffee machine is now tight at the top.
The way it looks now water runs out under the brewing unit. Below the brewing unit is the piston rod with the return spring, where water drips down.

Is a repair worthwhile?
The slider for the coffee grounds is also something grumm.

Gruß
Thomas

MichaDU

December 22, 2010 11:50 am

Barista

Hello,

yes, the repair is worthwhile in any case, because the seal costs approximately 4.00 euros. Unfortunately BND Kaffeestudio seems to have taken it out of stock or it is currently not available, but under part number MS-5015004 you can also buy it directly from Krups or other suppliers (e.g. Elektro Franck).

For the construction of the press plunger you will find here something. Somewhere was also described very precisely how to remove it without dismantling the entire brewing group, but I have not found that now on the fast (use search function).

LG,

Micha

Gast_Thomas

January 03, 2011 10:05 am

Unregistered

The repair over Krups would have cost 195 euro.

As we had several problems (only 4 years, max. 1200 cups), Krups offered us for the repair price the successor model "EA"

That I call customer service !!!
I find the solution very good.

Greß

MichaDU

January 03, 2011 01:06 pm

Barista

Hello,

ja, in principle the solution is not bad, whereby 195 Euro are not exactly a gift ;-)

I wonder anyway how they come up with these strange "repair prices", because somehow they always seem to be calculated differently ;-)

>The EA is built the same or at least very similar from the inside(?) and I don't know why it should work more reliably then ;-) I have also read that she has been programmed away or at least limited in the amount of water she uses for coffee, which for me is a knockout.Criterion would be, because I generally drink "coffee strong" with 120ml and my friend with 220ml (no, no separation reason LOL).

I for my part would probably have changed the seal(s), cleaned and lubricated everything and then it should work again.

LG,

Micha

Seite 123